There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*Official Super Bowl XLIV Thread: New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts*

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Does anybody know the last time there was actually a GOOD halftime show?

Springsteen killed it last year. The Who were a little lackluster, but they still f'n rock.
who was mvp ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Does anybody know the last time there was actually a GOOD halftime show?

Springsteen killed it last year. The Who were a little lackluster, but they still f'n rock.

I noticed there were no fans on the field for The Who this year. That definitely made it feel like it was more lackluster than usual.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
who was mvp ?

Brees
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Isn't it amazing how much time Manning and Brees have in the pocket. I mean compare that to what Alex had this year and it's not even close. So many times especially Manning was able to just sit back for what seemed like an eternity and make his pass.

Alex played like dog poo even when he had time. Poor pass protection is not the reason Smith is a crappy qb.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Isn't it amazing how much time Manning and Brees have in the pocket. I mean compare that to what Alex had this year and it's not even close. So many times especially Manning was able to just sit back for what seemed like an eternity and make his pass.

Alex played like dog poo even when he had time. Poor pass protection is not the reason Smith is a crappy qb.

I'm talking about protection as opposed to QB talent. No way am i getting into an Alex Smith debate here when there are 78 million of those going on in NinerTalk.
I picked the Saints..and are thrilled they won (won me $1,000)..but Jesus Christ..keep this about FOOTBALL and the TEAM..quit mentioning the city of New Orleans and Katrina.

Originally posted by nflguy49:

I'm talking about protection as opposed to QB talent. No way am i getting into an Alex Smith debate here when there are 78 million of those going on in NinerTalk.

.. Sigh ..

No use getting into a debate. I strongly disagree (not with you, the other quoted poster) and have point after point I could make and I'm sure that others could make too, but what use is it? We'll all just talk in circles and end up at the point where nothing has changed and people still think the same way.

It's frustrating, but we're all going to have to wait and let Smith's play this coming year define him.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever. Period.

cosigned.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
I picked the Saints..and are thrilled they won (won me $1,000)..but Jesus Christ..keep this about FOOTBALL and the TEAM..quit mentioning the city of New Orleans and Katrina.

you're joking right James?
Well Peyton Manning got to live his childhood dream, throwing the game winning TD pass for the Saints in a Superbowl.
lmao

Kim Kardashian "I might have to quit my job so Reggie can focus"

I didnt know she had a job

What's the problem? It has a lot to do with the city for the Saints
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lmao

Kim Kardashian "I might have to quit my job so Reggie can focus"

I didnt know she had a job

lol what fu*king job?
Originally posted by teeohh:

What's the problem? It has a lot to do with the city for the Saints

I know. And thats great.

It just seems that they're focusing more on the city of New Orleans instead of the team.