LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Warren Sapp arrested yesterday in Miami Beach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Warren Sapp charged with domestic battery in Miami Beach

Associated Press

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former football star Warren Sapp was arrested Saturday following an alleged domestic violence incident at a Miami Beach hotel, police said.

Sapp was charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery and is expected to appear before a Miami-Dade County judge Sunday, Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez said.

Shortly after officials confirmed the charge, the NFL Network, for which Sapp is an analyst, said in an e-mail from spokesman Dennis Johnson that Sapp wouldn't be part of Super Bowl coverage this weekend.

"We have been made aware of the arrest of Warren Sapp by the Miami Beach Police Department," a network statement said. "In light of these circumstances, Warren Sapp will not appear on NFL Network while we review the matter."

The domestic violence allegation was reported around noon Saturday and detectives interviewed Sapp later that day, Sanchez said. The incident occurred early Saturday morning at the Shore Club hotel, according to a police news release.

A telephone message left for Sapp's attorney was not immediately returned, nor was an e-mail.

Sanchez said Sapp was expected to be transferred to Miami-Dade County jail Saturday.

Sapp, a former defensive tackle, played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Oakland Raiders during his NFL career. He was also once a contestant on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."

Sapp was in South Florida as part of the NFL Network's coverage of Sunday's Super Bowl between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8163fd5b&template=without-video&confirm=true
  • mod
  • Veteran
thats unfortunate for him... whats so difficult about staying out of trouble, I dont get it.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
thats unfortunate for him... whats so difficult about staying out of trouble, I dont get it.

When you have money and like to party every once i awhile.......s**t happens.
moron
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

yeah... like beating your woman.

way to act like a thug, money gives you an opportunity to leave that atmosphere but few ever do.
This wont bode well for the NFL Network.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
This wont bode well for the NFL Network.

Do you think they are gonna let him go? Is his career as an analyst over?
What a maroon
I always hated that overgrown crackhead
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I always hated that overgrown crackhead

I actually think hes cool and plus he makes me laugh. Imagine that foo when hes drunk, hes probably one of those rowdy drunks.

....classic
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I liked Sapp. Just goes to show, you have no idea how guys act when the camera isn't rolling. NFL Network sure didn't waste any time canning his tail.
Sapp is great. This sucks. I hope that it is a misunderstanding.
Wasn't Sapp responsible for busting one of Jerry Rice's knees? Fock him!
Originally posted by pelos21:

yeah... like beating your woman.

way to act like a thug, money gives you an opportunity to leave that atmosphere but few ever do.

Money doesn't stop people from beating on their women whether they're a thug or not.
Share 49ersWebzone