LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Charles Haley HOF as Niner or Cowboy?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Does he go into Hall of Fame as 49er or Cowboy?
[ Edited by MiamiNiner on Feb 6, 2010 at 8:51 AM ]
  • NickDaNiner
  • Info N/A
Gotta be as a Niner baby!...
If he goes in as a Cowgirl then we'll just have to get drunk and wiz on him. (ref: one of his many locker room tantrums from when he was doing roids and wierded out)
Did Haley end up on good terms with the Niners?
I think he will go in as a Cowboy. I know he came back for a second stint, but his first departure was ugly & he had alot of hate for the 49ers.

As much as I want him in as a niner it's most likely a Cowboy

BUT WAIT! Who says he's going in this yr? I think Dent deserves it more right now than Haley. Dent has more tackles & sacks.
should be a niner....started there and played very well there for a few great years.....he won't get in for a while imo
Neither
Players go in as themselves. No one goes in as anybody. The NFL HOF doesn't work that way.
He retired as a 9er
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Players go in as themselves. No one goes in as anybody. The NFL HOF doesn't work that way.

Originally posted by wailers15:
I think he will go in as a Cowboy. I know he came back for a second stint, but his first departure was ugly & he had alot of hate for the 49ers.

As much as I want him in as a niner it's most likely a Cowboy

BUT WAIT! Who says he's going in this yr? I think Dent deserves it more right now than Haley. Dent has more tackles & sacks.

I got to agree with you buddy I think he goes in as a cowboy and I don't mind because most of his productive and dominant years were with them.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Did Haley end up on good terms with the Niners?

He came back in '98 and played well in the play-off game against the Packers for the Catch II.

I think him and Steve Young had a beef with one another but not sure what the facts are. Though he did retire a 49er, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in as a Cowboy, since he did win three championships there. We'll see soon enough.
It amazes me how many of you STILL don't know how the HOF works.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I thought they do retire with one team. Isn't that the reason why big name players sign one-day contracts with their favorite team they played for (ex: jerry rice) ?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I thought they do retire with one team. Isn't that the reason why big name players sign one-day contracts with their favorite team they played for (ex: jerry rice) ?
No, that is purely for sentimental reasons.
Share 49ersWebzone