LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Tony Dungy: "Superbowl will not be close"

Shop 49ers game tickets
LETS GO COLTS!!!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Tony is very dead on, specially the 'Brady' comment.

The real question is: would Dungy punt the ball to Adam Vinatieri with one minute left?
Saints are going to knock out Peyton Manning with an illegal hit early in the game.

And a new rule will soon be laid down....if you take out a player with an illegal play (roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness, etc..) the other team gets to pick a player on your team that will have to sit out the entire game.
Originally posted by susweel:
So does that mean we are just suppose to take his word for it and not watch the game.

Watch the game, but watch for the unbelievable performance Manning puts on. After what he did to the Jets pass defense, OMGoodness.

Best defense in the league the Jets were.
Manning had the Jets Bro.

17-20 point difference, easy

41-24
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

The real question is: would Dungy punt the ball to Adam Vinatieri with one minute left?

this. brady ain't s**t without vinatieri..ex: look at the bills teams of the early 90's
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Haha Dungy is picking and choosing games to suit his argument. I like how he brought up the whole Colts and Pats game and how it went down to the wire.

You could just as easily spin it and say "Well hey look what the Saints did to the Patriots, the Patriots were getting beat so bad they took Brady out for the final 6 minutes of the game, whereas the Colts only won with a last minute TD"

I have so much respect for Dungy but to say what he has is ridiculous. Maybe the Colts will destroy the Saints, but to say "oh well this happened in this game so therefore this will happen in the other game" is crazy.
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Feb 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM ]
what comment???
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
what comment???

"I would punt the ball to Tom Brady with one minute left," Dungy said. "Your coach is the best coach in the world and wouldn't punt it to [Manning]. What does that say?"

Basically Dungy said in the same situation you would punt to Brady but not to Peyton meaning Peyton is more clutch than Brady
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
what comment???

"I would punt the ball to Tom Brady with one minute left," Dungy said. "Your coach is the best coach in the world and wouldn't punt it to [Manning]. What does that say?"

Basically Dungy said in the same situation you would punt to Brady but not to Peyton meaning Peyton is more clutch than Brady
Before Manning won the SB a few years back, he was considered a choker in the playoffs...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
what comment???

Before Manning won the SB a few years back, he was considered a choker in the playoffs...

Pretty much, I mean I know Peyton is damn good, but people are acting like he's God.

Dungy is the man but I see the game being within 10 points or less.
what comment???

yeah, but BB trusted his QB instead of punting the thing away...so, BB didnt trust his defense in doing their job against manning. not more. i think thats a argument PRO brady...
i understand what dungy wanted to say but he took the wrong example, imo.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lets go Brees!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
what comment???

Pretty much, I mean I know Peyton is damn good, but people are acting like he's God.

I think those comments are due to his recent performance. Manning is far and away the best QB in the league this year and it's hard to see anybody beating him. That's what I think he means.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I agree Tony, the Superbowl will NOT be close. Saints are gonna dominate.
Share 49ersWebzone