LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Adalius Thomas: likely to be cut

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adalius Thomas: Falling out began in Week One
Posted by Evan Silva on February 4, 2010 8:06 PM ET
Patriots LB Adalius Thomas, who is likely to be released this offseason, revealed Thursday that his falling out with coach Bill Belichick began in a meeting after the Pats' Week One comeback win over the Bills.

"It was the play of the Buffalo game," explained Thomas, who called the meeting with Belichick "confusing" and said things "got more confusing as the year went on."

"I had a meeting and I really didn't understand some of the stuff I was told," he added. "So I knew at that point, it was bigger than what was on the surface. You guys watched the games. I was used totally different this year than I was last year before I broke my arm."

Thomas is right in terms of his usage. With the Patriots playing more 4-3, he played strong-side linebacker instead of rushing off the edge. Naturally, Thomas' sack numbers were down.

"I want to come somewhere where I'm wanted and where I'm gonna have fun," he ended by saying. "If I'm not gonna do that, that's not where I'm gonna be."

Thomas is likely to be released before the start of the new league year on March 5. His old defensive coordinator, Rex Ryan, could afford to supplement the Jets' pass rush opposite Calvin Pace.
championship
YOu guys wanted this turd?
Hes getting up there in age isnt he?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He'll be in New York the first week of March.
Singletary knows him from Baltimore and is not the kind of coach that tolerates half assed players. So if we make a run at Thomas it's because Mike has confidence in him. If we don't, then Mike probably knows he won't help us. Either way, I'll trust Singletary judgment on this one.
He was good in the Bmore system, and really was only good for like 2 seasons. He got broke off and chilled.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Singletary knows him from Baltimore and is not the kind of coach that tolerates half assed players. So if we make a run at Thomas it's because Mike has confidence in him. If we don't, then Mike probably knows he won't help us. Either way, I'll trust Singletary judgment on this one.

Much rather just draft Brandon Graham.
  • dj43
Thomas has already said he does not want to leave his wife's East Coast family. That was why he went to NE in the first place instead of coming to SF, as was rumored.
Originally posted by dj43:
Thomas has already said he does not want to leave his wife's East Coast family. That was why he went to NE in the first place instead of coming to SF, as was rumored.

Nate Clements was a better pick up anyway.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Much rather just draft Brandon Graham.

this.

Yup . . . look for a reunion with Rex Ryan
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yup . . . look for a reunion with Rex Ryan

Perfect fit for him there.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
He fell off..
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Looks like the pats are finally self destruckting (sp?) ...... Not a hater, just dont approve of coaching staff (HC)....
Share 49ersWebzone