I've been doing some analysis on kicking stats from 2000-2009 and looking to see if 2009 really was as bad as some people say it was or whether 2009 wasn't actually that bad afterall.....

http://www.footballdiner.com/briandavis4.html

Quote:
We covered kicking in Four Downs #102 and in digging around for stats, I uncovered a site which lets me report them much more easilly and in a different light other than just chucking percentages down over and over again.

So I thought I’d carry on where I left off on the subject of accuracy and whether 2009 really was all that bad, and how it matched up with previous years, the results were pretty interesting if you like that kind of thing!
So here it is, in graph format to see the peaks and troughs of kicking in the last 10 years.

The main reason the kicking was highlighted so much in 2009 was the amount of crucial kicks missed at game changing times, statistically, the overall percentage of Field Goals dropped over 3% which you can see in the graph below which IS a significant drop, but it’s nowhere near as bad as we’ve seen in previous years, we’re merely back to the standard we were seeing in 2006 at a shade over 81%

Let me know what you think of the article, I've broken it down to "overall" and then back through 10 yard segments. Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and 50+
[ Edited by BrianUKNiner on Feb 5, 2010 at 12:19 AM ]