There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Irvin accused of rape

Originally posted by lamontb:
sounds like she talked with the chic suing Big Ben
ESPN Radio just fired him of course they said they were gonna let him go anyway.
I am hardly one to condone rape. It is a vile crime.

That stated, when I see a rape case tried in civil court without a filing of criminal charges, I smell bullsh*t.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
I am hardly one to condone rape. It is a vile crime.

That stated, when I see a rape case tried in civil court without a filing of criminal charges, I smell bullsh*t.
She filed a report in 2007 but only after it was too late to collect evidence of the alleged crime. She then declined to press criminal charges.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
everyone rapes at least once in their life
quoting Bob Knight,

If rape is inevitable....why not just sit back and enjoy the ride
1) You raped me! Rot in a jail cell, you b*****d!
2) You raped me! Give me a million dollars!

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
1) You raped me! Rot in a jail cell, you b*****d!
2) You raped me! Give me a million dollars!

The 2nd one sounds more like prostitution...
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm not saying it happened, or it didn't. But you guys passing this off because it didn't happen recently, I'm guessing, have never know and had to help somebody that got raped. It takes a helluva lot of time for people to even say it out loud/accept it/want to do something about it.

Thank you for saying this Stoney. Few people seem to understand this
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A really high priced hooker?
NFL | Irvin files countersuit
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Fri, 05 Feb 2010 22:34:45 -0800

ESPN.com reports former NFL WR Michael Irvin has filed a $100 million countersuit after he was accused of rape in a civil suit filed Thursday, Feb. 4, in Broward (Fla.) Circuit Court. The countersuit was filed in Dallas County, Texas, and asks for $100 million due to the allegations filed against him. No criminal charges have been filed, but the Broward State Attorney's Office has been investigating the case and a spokesman told the Miami Herald he expects a conclusion next week. Irvin's lawsuit claims that the civil suit filed by the woman caused him to be fired from his radio job. Irvin's lawsuit added, "This is nothing more than a thinly veiled effort to carry out Plaintiff's extortion plot while capitalizing on the media circus that is Super Bowl weekend."
From what I understand, when the woman alledged the rape the police tried to investigate it but she dropped the charge and even signed a piece of paper waiving her rights.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
As much as I hated Irvin more than any other Cowboy and he is a known piece of trash, I think this is a money grab by a gold digger. It is not fair that he lost a job because of this, which is nothing more than an allegation at this point.
I dont know about rape, but the guy sure seems very "touchy feely". Anyone watch him during the probowl interviews? He wouldn't stop putting his hand on guys legs, back and arms. You could tell some of the guys where uncomfortable. It just came off creepy....