LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

The Madden Cover Curse now a fan vote......

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i hate jared allen.

Why, the dude actually wanted to play for the niners but our people were to stupid to sign him.

Whenever people say they hate players, I always think of the quote from Major League

"You know I used to hate Parkman when he was with the A's. It's amazing how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy."
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
i hate jared allen.

Why, the dude actually wanted to play for the niners but our people were to stupid to sign him.

Whenever people say they hate players, I always think of the quote from Major League

"You know I used to hate Parkman when he was with the A's. It's amazing how a new uniform can change your attitude about a guy."

Yah, Jared wanted to play for the niners...................but he's the highest paid player in the NFL.

WTF does that tell you?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Has a WR even been on the cover before (asides from the double cover last yr) I think not.. tho I'd like to see Wayne get it, it's pretty obvious it will be Drew Brees
Obviously set up for Brees to be the cover boy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Brees
I'm pulling for Brees because we have to play the Saints next year.
Why not Revis?

Or Rex Ryan?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
i hate jared allen.

Yah, Jared wanted to play for the niners...................but he's the highest paid player in the NFL.

WTF does that tell you?

That we could've made him the highest paid player in the NFL.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:41 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
i hate jared allen.

idk, i think it's his hair. And that pose he does after a sack.

When JP played for Seattle, he used to point his thumbs to the name on his jersey after every sack...as if we made a mistake in not keeping him on our team (stupid Poston agents). That annoyed me even more.

He did that this season when the Lions came to SF and he made a play.

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm surprised they're not putting two players on the cover again, I liked that last year.

If they were, the obvious choice would be Brees/Manning, but I'd rather see Brees/Freeney.

Manning/ Sharper ?
wow, looks like theres a good chance another white guy goes on the madden cover.

Favre didnt really count, since John Madden couldnt resist having him on the cover any longer.

its going to be Brees by a MILE. the Saints are popular, Brees is good, hes a well known QB, etc.

to me Wayne seems like a boring choice.
If I were I raider fan, I'd be pulling for Al Davis to be put on the cover.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'm surprised they're not putting two players on the cover again, I liked that last year.

If they were, the obvious choice would be Brees/Manning, but I'd rather see Brees/Freeney.

Manning/ Sharper ?

That would be sweet.
To the people who are saying we could have had Jared Allen, may I ask how.

Remember, the Vikings had to trade for him, he didn't sign as a free agent. Here's what they gave up

First round pick in the 08 Draft (we had already traded our pick to the Patriots)
2 3rd round picks (we only had one and it was a swap with the Bears for the Brigg incident)
And they swapped their 6th rounders

Do tell me how the 49ers would have been able to trade for Jared Alled, in comparison to what the Vikings were offering. The Chiefs wouldn't have even glanced at a 49ers offer.
Share 49ersWebzone