LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

11 Minutes of Action in Typical NFL Game

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406.html

I knew the amount of actual action was low because the players are standing around scratching their arse and adjusting their pads most of the game, but I had no idea it was this low.
And yet so much more is accomplished than in that "other football" sport.
No wonder NFLRedzone is such a hit.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Lol depends how you look at it. You could also say that in the "other football" almost each player on the team completes 20-25 passes a game, and there's 90 minutes of action.
it's a thinkin' man's game.
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:

Lol depends how you look at it. You could also say that in the "other football" almost each player on the team completes 20-25 passes a game, and there's 90 minutes of action.

more like 90 minutes of wind sprints.
For a few years now I have had Sunday Ticket. I don't watch "games" anymore, I keep switching until I find action, and there is always action somewhere.

I don't like redzone though. I just watch for a snap coming up soon, if there is no snap in immediate sight I switch
Thats why I have always laughed at people talking NFL players up as elite athletes. To think 11mins of action in total.

Meaning Peyton Manning plays 5mins a game, maybe 6 to 7.

Rugby player > NFL players
  • Bille
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Thats why I have always laughed at people talking NFL players up as elite athletes. To think 11mins of action in total.

So you wouldn't consider Usain bolt a world class athlete, he is done in under 10 seconds?

Haha, so true.
"The real test for any football-broadcast crew is what they do in a blowout. In cases like these, producers say they have no choice but to stray from on-field action. In the second quarter of the CBS game, for instance, the Bills and Falcons only managed to score three points. In that time, there were 88 shots of off-field elements, including 31 shots (186 seconds) where the cameras were trained on the two teams' coaches. That was 54% more than the average amount in any other quarter in that game."

a 10:0 is a blowout???
[ Edited by communist on Feb 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM ]

Then why don't you stick to rugby?

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rugby.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Then why don't you stick to rugby?

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rugby.

I enjoy both

Doesn't keep me as narrow minded
Originally posted by Bille:

So you wouldn't consider Usain bolt a world class athlete, he is done in under 10 seconds?

Yes I do, there is a big difference between find out who is the fastest man in the world, than players who stand around for hours on the sidelines.
Share 49ersWebzone