There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Possible QB's for Arizona

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I read somewhere (not too long ago) that McNabb wouldn't be a good fit in AZ. That Leinart has already been there for years and is familiar w/ their system. I hope they don't sign any FA QB and Leinart does start w/ that team. I don't expect Boldin to be there, either. Also, they over-paid for Bulger, is that contract over already?

This. McNabb's been in the WCO his whole career, their offense is completely different. I think they'll try and run the ball more and hide Leinart initially. Whiz made his bones with the Steelers and I think has always wanted to mold the team in that way, but couldn't with Warner and those WRs. Now he has the type of back and can use the passing game less. I'd look for them to beef up their Oline this offseason. I would be surprised if they went after Mcnabb.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I wish they draft Tebow
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I read somewhere (not too long ago) that McNabb wouldn't be a good fit in AZ. That Leinart has already been there for years and is familiar w/ their system. I hope they don't sign any FA QB and Leinart does start w/ that team. I don't expect Boldin to be there, either. Also, they over-paid for Bulger, is that contract over already?

This. McNabb's been in the WCO his whole career, their offense is completely different. I think they'll try and run the ball more and hide Leinart initially. Whiz made his bones with the Steelers and I think has always wanted to mold the team in that way, but couldn't with Warner and those WRs. Now he has the type of back and can use the passing game less. I'd look for them to beef up their Oline this offseason. I would be surprised if they went after Mcnabb.

I agree. They have invested too much time, money and pride in Lienart. They need to give him at least one full year to sink or swim. This was always coming, whether it was this year or next. Warner was always a temporary solution while Lienart adjusted to the NFL.

If Lienart absolutely bombs, they may look elsewhere after next year, but there is no way they don't give him a shot next year. Given how they have groomed him and the weapons they have around him (and how weak the division is), there is no reason in the world they trade away high draft picks or good talent to bring in someone like McNabb who also would only be a stop-gap for a year or two at best.

They need to find out if Lienart can really be the man long term and they have to give him a full off-season and then the the season as "the man" in order to find out if he has what it takes.