There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

T.O. says he could have been better than Jerry Rice

...and I could have f*cked more chicks than Wilt Chamberlain if I was a rich, all universe basketball player.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
no way possible. he didnt catch the balls thrown to him by the other qbs. TO could have had WAY better stats if he didnt drop the ball so much.

Rice did EVERYTHING GREAT.

TO isn't great. He's very good, but not great. I don't care about all the positives you say about him, if youre a receiver, and you dont have hands like glue, then you can never be considered GREAT. its like a standard- you MUST be able to catch the ball. no exceptions.

what the heck are you talking about???? T.O. is going to be a first ballot HOF for a reason.... go check his career stats and then come back and then try to talk that stuff.....

very good???...ha!

T.O. is one of the Greatest WR. in NFL History.... you talk about catching ability... Marvin Harrison had Payton Manning for almost all of his career....caught mostly everything....but T.O. with Garcia's 5 yard passes...as well as with inconsistent QBs like McNabb and Romo, has more TDs than Harrison and is still in the league.

it just so happens Jerry Rice is the greatest WR........if T.O. had Montana and Young, who knows where his career would be.

Having the 2 of the greatest and most accurate QBs in league History throwing you the ball wouldn't hurt......its not like Garcia was crazy accurate, he almost got T.O. killed on a number of occasions.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
...and I could have f*cked more chicks than Wilt Chamberlain if I was a rich, all universe basketball player.

you still can, itd just have to be with cheap hookers.

youd wouldve had to be a rich, all universe basketball player to bang that many attractive chicks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
His argument that he has had poor QB's is somewhat valid regardless of what you think of him. Furthermore one could argue easily that Jerry Rice had outstanding QB's. And yes believe it or not that makes a difference.

He is a big mouth and has a reputation. He is also older now and has dropped off some. But I don't think anybody could argue TO in his prime with great QB's could have put up some real rediculous #'s. He is at least partially correct although unpopular.

Hell yeah. He had 20 receptions in a game with a mediocre QB. That is why I wish Marshall wasn't such an idiot cause he has that type of talent too.
could-ah, would-ah, should-ah
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jan 30, 2010 at 4:19 AM ]
Pro Bowl QB's his entire career until this year. Give me a break.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,974
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Steve Young
Jeff Garcia
Donovan McNabb
Tony Romo

All great QB's. Shut up T.O.

But only 1 who would even be mentioned being top 10 of all time. Rice had 2 of the top 10 best QB's of all time (cue Kanye West here).

T.O. has a valid point, he would have had better numbers, not better than Rice's though IMO.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
no way possible. he didnt catch the balls thrown to him by the other qbs. TO could have had WAY better stats if he didnt drop the ball so much.

Rice did EVERYTHING GREAT.

TO isn't great. He's very good, but not great. I don't care about all the positives you say about him, if youre a receiver, and you dont have hands like glue, then you can never be considered GREAT. its like a standard- you MUST be able to catch the ball. no exceptions.

what the heck are you talking about???? T.O. is going to be a first ballot HOF for a reason.... go check his career stats and then come back and then try to talk that stuff.....

very good???...ha!

T.O. is one of the Greatest WR. in NFL History.... you talk about catching ability... Marvin Harrison had Payton Manning for almost all of his career....caught mostly everything....but T.O. with Garcia's 5 yard passes...as well as with inconsistent QBs like McNabb and Romo, has more TDs than Harrison and is still in the league.

it just so happens Jerry Rice is the greatest WR........if T.O. had Montana and Young, who knows where his career would be.

Having the 2 of the greatest and most accurate QBs in league History throwing you the ball wouldn't hurt......its not like Garcia was crazy accurate, he almost got T.O. killed on a number of occasions.

He was a Pro Bowler,period.

PS-T.O. is one of the Greatest Chumps in NFL history
He could have been
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
...and I could have f*cked more chicks than Wilt Chamberlain if I was a rich, all universe basketball player.

you still can, itd just have to be with cheap hookers.

youd wouldve had to be a rich, all universe basketball player to bang that many attractive chicks.

A friend of mine was a taxi driver in Hollywood. He saw Wilt with extra-tiny Asian hookers more than once.

TO was great, really, but obviously he hurt his career with his puzzling way of dealing with the world and his team mates. He seems to have acted this way to elevate his status, to gain fame and to be recognized as one of the greats. Obviously, it hurt him on all fronts.

I still respect him as a player, his problems may not be something he can help. Now, Moss is a different sort of guy and I don't care for him at all.
SF: 2 Pro Bowl Qbs
Phi: Pro Bowl QB
Dal: 2 Pro Bowl Qbs
Buffalo: None


He's had 5 Pro Bowl Qb's.

He just doesn't have the attitude of a football player who is great and wants to leave their mark on history. He's more into himself.
What 2 Pro Bowl QB's did he have in Dallas?
Originally posted by Trajik1:
What 2 Pro Bowl QB's did he have in Dallas?

I think he is saying 1 guy 2 times.
Originally posted by Trajik1:
What 2 Pro Bowl QB's did he have in Dallas?

Bledsoe and Romo
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Trajik1:
What 2 Pro Bowl QB's did he have in Dallas?

Bledsoe and Romo

Yep....I'm not saying he was pro bowl in dallas, I'm saying he was a pro bowler