LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Refs admit mistake: Favre low hit should have been flagged, reversing Saints INT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by GEEK:
They refs called roughing the passer on an earlier play which they had no business calling whatsoever. I think the refs new that, and allowed that extra hit on Favre as a make up call for the Saints.

I'm not sure if this was the reason they let that one go, but you're right about this first call. It was a blatantly horrible roughing the passer on Favre...he handed the ball off to Rice and got popped after that. The Vikes ended up scoring a TD on the drive so whatever, fair is fair.

How was that a bad call? They layed out the QB after he handed the ball off and was out the play. That was an obvious call.

That being said there was a questionable roughing the passing call just a couple of plays before the pick.

On the play you're talking about, Favre was trying to block.

Remember his low hit in the preseason? This time he went high, and he got jocked.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
After the low hit on Farve wasnt called I was suspicious the saints were getting favorable calls.

After the phantom pass interference call I was convinced the NFC title was handed to the Saints.

The calls were more for the home team. As they usually are.

The first no call stalled a go ahead drive for the vikes, then the phantom PI sealed the deal.

To me it wasn't that the Saints got more calls in they're favor, they just came at crucial points that ended up deciding the game. I feel sorry for Viking fans every where they got screwed. All you Farve haters need to get over it, to me Farve represents the toughness that this game is all about. If you disagree you obviously missed the 40 year old laying on the trainers table getting his ankle taped so he could re enter maybe the most physical game of his life.
They refs called roughing the passer on an earlier play which they had no business calling whatsoever. I think the refs new that, and allowed that extra hit on Favre as a make up call for the Saints.

I'm not sure if this was the reason they let that one go, but you're right about this first call. It was a blatantly horrible roughing the passer on Favre...he handed the ball off to Rice and got popped after that. The Vikes ended up scoring a TD on the drive so whatever, fair is fair.

How was that a bad call? They layed out the QB after he handed the ball off and was out the play. That was an obvious call.

That being said there was a questionable roughing the passing call just a couple of plays before the pick.

He was either trying to block or he was in the way. It was the worst call of that game.
That's a shame . . . not
he would have just thrown a pick on the next play...........
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

On the play you're talking about, Favre was trying to block.

Remember his low hit in the preseason? This time he went high, and he got jocked.

I doubt Favre was worried about a DE chasing down Berrian or Harvin from behind. You can't take out the QB after a handoff. That's unnecessary roughness right there.

As for the blocking I doubt Favre was expecting to get layed out like that. It's not like he went in for the block. The defender knew he was out of the play and layed him out anyways. The call was a no brainer. With all of the protection that QB receives there's not a chance in Hell that play doesn't get called.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 31, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by teeohh:
What could the league do to prevent this s**t?

Maybe if they didnt add 20 new rules every f**king offseason the refs could just call the game.

This
Share 49ersWebzone