There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Refs admit mistake: Favre low hit should have been flagged, reversing Saints INT

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by GEEK:
They refs called roughing the passer on an earlier play which they had no business calling whatsoever. I think the refs new that, and allowed that extra hit on Favre as a make up call for the Saints.

I'm not sure if this was the reason they let that one go, but you're right about this first call. It was a blatantly horrible roughing the passer on Favre...he handed the ball off to Rice and got popped after that. The Vikes ended up scoring a TD on the drive so whatever, fair is fair.

Roughing the hand-off-er. What a BS call that was.
It was an obvious foul and should have been called. I don't know why it wasn't.
I get the feeling that the Saints will be closely watched during the Superbowl, especially after the statement that their DC Gregg Williams made during his radio talk show.

"Open mouth, insert foot"?
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I get the feeling that the Saints will be closely watched during the Superbowl, especially after the statement that their DC Gregg Williams made during his radio talk show.

"Open mouth, insert foot"?

The thing with the Saints is they had a lot of plays where they hit Favre late. And they were picking him up and slamming him. So they played good and won but IMO there was for sure some dirty play by the front 7 on the opposing QB. I doubt they will let them get away with that against Manning. I don't think Super Bowls should be decided by dirty play but rather by who wins in a clean hard fought game.
@ brett favre
Oh well
  • dald1
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 548
he gets every damn call in his favor it was time he didnt...
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,394
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Shaj:
wow, this is pretty bad. this is a game changing mistake by the refs. Instead of an INT, the Vikes should have had the ball at the Saints 19 yard line, setting them up for a 3 pointer at least, and thereby also avoiding OT and winning them the game, all things being equal.

link to ESPN story

The game was tied at 21 and it happened in the 3rd quarter. You can't just presume if the Vikes scored on that drive that the rest of the game would have had the same outcome.

Big call? Yes, but heck with how the Vikings were playing they probably would have fumbled it on the next play had the penalty been called.

This.

And f*ck Favre.
Karma is a royal motherf*cking b*tch.

Jared "douchebag" Allen is the king of cheapshot horses**t.

Looks like it finally caught up with the Vikes.

F*ck 'em.
After the low hit on Farve wasnt called I was suspicious the saints were getting favorable calls.

After the phantom pass interference call I was convinced the NFC title was handed to the Saints.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
After the low hit on Farve wasnt called I was suspicious the saints were getting favorable calls.

After the phantom pass interference call I was convinced the NFC title was handed to the Saints.

The calls were more for the home team. As they usually are.
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
Originally posted by teeohh:
What could the league do to prevent this s**t?

Maybe if they didnt add 20 new rules every f**king offseason the refs could just call the game.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
i don't give a s**t. I'm glad the Saints won.
The Saints will have 200 yards in penalties if they hit Manning like that next week.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by GEEK:
They refs called roughing the passer on an earlier play which they had no business calling whatsoever. I think the refs new that, and allowed that extra hit on Favre as a make up call for the Saints.

I'm not sure if this was the reason they let that one go, but you're right about this first call. It was a blatantly horrible roughing the passer on Favre...he handed the ball off to Rice and got popped after that. The Vikes ended up scoring a TD on the drive so whatever, fair is fair.

How was that a bad call? They layed out the QB after he handed the ball off and was out the play. That was an obvious call.

That being said there was a questionable roughing the passing call just a couple of plays before the pick.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM ]