LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Kurt Warner to hold press conference Friday

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by marshniners24:
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy retire please kurty

This thread is now about Kurt Warner retiring to spend more time with the new rack, blond highlights and plastic surgery he bought to make his wife porkable.

Playoffs!!

Well, at this point in our(hawks and 49ers) offseasons with this Warner news I think that makes the 49ers the team to beat. Its not just Warner. They had D-lineman retire already. Q wants out as does Dansby. Its not looking like Dockett will be around much longer either. I think that the Rams are still too far out of the race to be any real threat. As for the Hawks, I don't know what to expect yet. I want to see what type of players they bring in this offseason and go check them out at training camp before I draw any conclusions. The of the matter is that the NFC West is about to get even more wide open.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Watch him announce his new two-year contract extension!!!
After all the speculation that would be straight comedy!
Originally posted by JD81:
WARNER IS DONE.

Why else would he hold a press conference, ESPECIALLY this early? It's not even the offseason yet.....

Warner wants to give the Cardinals a chance to either prepare to draft a QB, get Lienart in the mix, or bring in someone via trade or FA......Warner being a classy guy, will give the Cardinals time by announcing his retirement early....

REJOICE 49ER FANS!!!!!!

And don't forget...Antrel Rolle is due an $8 million roster bonus, Karlos Dansby is a free agent who will command a huge contract, and let's not forget the Anquan Boldin saga.....The Cards can't pay anyone.....So with Warner stepping down that saves money that they can use elsewhere.....

With all that said..........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, he's done, and when the NFL Network was announcing this story they said "Warner is set to announce his retirement in conference Friday".
Looks like our division just turned into ours to lose next year...............have a happy retirement Warner. I hope you fall out of bed and get another concussion.

Oh and thanks for making our front office look stupid by pretending to be interested in coming to the niners. Eat $**t Kurt!
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Looks like our division just turned into ours to lose next year...............have a happy retirement Warner. I hope you fall out of bed and get another concussion.

Oh and thanks for making our front office look stupid by pretending to be interested in coming to the niners. Eat $**t Kurt!

I disagree. I think the Niners knew all along that he wasnt going to leave the SB team for a team that has been in 2nd since he re-emerged. The Niners brought him in to raise his price tag, and subsequently that bumped it to $19 million guaranteed. The Niners may have handicapped the Cards chances of re-signing a couple of those players. I'm sure SF would have loved to have him here, but they knew it was a crapshoot going in, and all they would do is make the Cardinals worry.
I live close to eagles country and there have been some rumors that McNabb may end up in AZ when the eagles either trade or release him this offseason.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
What Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact on next season than any other offseason event. Yes what Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact than the draft on the 49ers in 2010

How do you figure? We whooped his azz twice this year, Kurt Warner does not frighten me in the least and I think the Niners will be better than AZ with or without Warner.
i agree. I think seattle will be our next rival.
Originally posted by WINiner:
What Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact on next season than any other offseason event. Yes what Warner decides is gonna have a bigger impact than the draft on the 49ers in 2010

How do you figure? We whooped his azz twice this year, Kurt Warner does not frighten me in the least and I think the Niners will be better than AZ with or without Warner.

Because while Warner has recently struggled against us, he has played quite well against the rest of the league.

-9fA
The window may have closed on the Arizona Cardinals.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Because while Warner has recently struggled against us, he has played quite well against the rest of the league.

-9fA

quite well is a huge understatement. dudes been off the charts good.
Share 49ersWebzone