There are 233 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kurt Warner to hold press conference Friday

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Kurt Warner and his stupid haircut that at one point he and his wife shared, ive never liked the guy. He can suck balls for the rest of his days.


Baleeeeeeeeeeeeeed dat

hey bro, can't blame him for taking advantage of the 2 for 1 special down at the Cutt'n Corral that one weekend.

  • flow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,394
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Man this guy is hard to hate! He's a great story considering he where he came from but I'm glad he's gone.

Thanks for clearing the path to the division title Kurt.

yea, if we dont' blow it against the hawks.

Yea that's pretty weak when the best QB in our division is matt hassleback

You mean Alex Smith. Hasselbeck's back was hassled a bit too hard by Willis for him to be effective anymore.

When Warner uttered the words "retired", it officially killed the Cards' chances of making the playoffs.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by artiga1:
I know he's been a cardinal and a ram and a 49er killer for the majority of his career....but i respect Kurt Warner as a player and a person

I dont hate him like i hate Bret favre...he's so much more of a genuine class act person and at the same time a far better quarter back

Good luck Kurt....but for the 49ers sake thanks for retiring

Couldnt have said it better.

As for all the people doggin him for praising God, who cares? Let him give praise to who he wants. In fact, I respect him more for it because he doesnt back down from his comments.

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Some people are so full of bitterness and hate. Oh well.

Warner was one heck of a QB and I admire him for stepping away from a game he is still great at and not waffling like some other unnamed QB whom I will not name.

This.


And this: First Ballot Hall of Fame.

Absolutely agree with both of these.

I agree really nothing to add.
I can't believe I'm about to write this, but with Kurt Warner now retired, it effectively makes the Niners the most "stable" (for lack of a better word) franchise in the division.

1. Cardinals - with Warner out, they suddenly have a lot of questions at quarterback. And based on what we saw from them during the playoffs, they need to improve their defense. Giving up 90 points in 2 playoff games is an absolute no-no.

2. Seahawks - new GM, new head coach, new coaching staff, an aging QB (because Hasselbeck has looked iffy the past couple of seasons).

3. Rams - they just flat-out stink. I have no idea what the vision of this franchise is. That, and I just read yesterday that the current owners are accepting bids from potential buyers. Which means they might move if a new owner deems it necessary.

4. Niners - at least there's some continuity on defense and perhaps, finally (at least for this next year), on offense. The Yorks aren't making wholesale changes for at least the next 12 months, so we're essentially going into 2010 with the same team and same core players. Whether we improve and take the division is another story, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

That being said, I'm glad Warner is retiring. Not because he's kept us out of the playoffs numerous times, but after seeing that brutal hit after his interception against the Saints, I just felt with all that he has to look forward to after football, it's a good time to get out. He can be thankful that he's had as long a career as he's had with the success that he's had. Difficult to watch him tear the Niners apart from time-to-time, but I have the utmost respect for him as a Christian, family man, community man, and a football player.
So did he retire I'm at work so I haven't heard anything
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
So did he retire I'm at work so I haven't heard anything

Officially retired.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
I can't believe I'm about to write this, but with Kurt Warner now retired, it effectively makes the Niners the most "stable" (for lack of a better word) franchise in the division.

1. Cardinals - with Warner out, they suddenly have a lot of questions at quarterback. And based on what we saw from them during the playoffs, they need to improve their defense. Giving up 90 points in 2 playoff games is an absolute no-no.

2. Seahawks - new GM, new head coach, new coaching staff, an aging QB (because Hasselbeck has looked iffy the past couple of seasons).

3. Rams - they just flat-out stink. I have no idea what the vision of this franchise is. That, and I just read yesterday that the current owners are accepting bids from potential buyers. Which means they might move if a new owner deems it necessary.

4. Niners - at least there's some continuity on defense and perhaps, finally (at least for this next year), on offense. The Yorks aren't making wholesale changes for at least the next 12 months, so we're essentially going into 2010 with the same team and same core players. Whether we improve and take the division is another story, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

That being said, I'm glad Warner is retiring. Not because he's kept us out of the playoffs numerous times, but after seeing that brutal hit after his interception against the Saints, I just felt with all that he has to look forward to after football, it's a good time to get out. He can be thankful that he's had as long a career as he's had with the success that he's had. Difficult to watch him tear the Niners apart from time-to-time, but I have the utmost respect for him as a Christian, family man, community man, and a football player.



CouldnĀ“t have said it better
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Man this guy is hard to hate! He's a great story considering he where he came from but I'm glad he's gone.

Thanks for clearing the path to the division title Kurt.

yea, if we dont' blow it against the hawks.

Yea that's pretty weak when the best QB in our division is matt hassleback

Unfortunately there is too many teams in the past that have won the Superbowl without a QB, and next year we will join that list!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

thats awesome
Yes!