LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Brett Favre's 10 Worst Career Moments

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1001/brett.favre.worst.moments/content.1.html
I can almost fap to this
In addition to those lowlights, here's an even closer look at brett in january every year since he lost the super bowl to denver...

Jan 3, 1999 - @ SF L 27-30 20-35 57% 292yds 2td 2int 79.7rating

Jan 2000 - No Playoffs

Jan 2001 - No Playoffs

Jan. 20, 2002 - NFC Divisional Playoffs
It was advertised as a dream matchup -- Kurt Warner vs. Brett Favre -- in a battle of the league's two best quarterbacks. Favre, however, didn't hold up his end of the bargain as he was picked off six times, two of which were returned for touchdowns. The Rams easily defeated the Packers, 45-17, to advance to the conference championship game.

Jan. 4, 2003 - NFC Wild-Card Game
Nobody thought the Falcons had a shot against Green Bay in this matchup. Not only were the Packers perfect at home, but also Favre boasted a 35-0 career record at Lambeau when the temperate was below freezing. But Micahel Vick outplayed Favre, who finished with two interceptions and a lost fumble in the 27-7 defeat.

Jan. 11, 2004 - NFC Divisional Playoffs
Favre isn't the only who should accept blame for this loss. The Packers defense let Philadelphia convert a fourth and 26 to set up a game-tying field goal at the end of regulation. But Favre choked in overtime, throwing a ball up for grabs that was intercepted by Brian Dawkins. The Eagles took advantage of the miscue and went on to win the game on a David Akers field goal

Jan. 9, 2005 - NFC Wild-Card Game
After winning both regular season games against Minnesota, Green Bay was heavily favored against the 8-8 Vikings in the their first ever playoff matchup. But Daunte Culpepper had other ideas. The Vikings QB threw four touchdowns without an interception. Favre, meanwhile, threw four interceptions to one touchdown as the Vikings won 31-17.

Jan 2006 - No Playoffs

Jan 2007 - No Playoffs

Jan. 20, 2008 - NFC Championship Game
Playing at frigid Lambeau Field with a Super Bowl berth on the line, the Packers just needed to get past the underdog Giants to advance to Super Bowl XLII and face the undefeated Patriots. The game went to overtime and the Packers seemed to be in good position when they won the coin toss and elected to receive. But on the second play from scrimmage, Brett Favre's pass to Donald Driver was well short of its target and picked off by Corey Webster, giving the Giants excellent field position. Lawrence Tynes delivered the game-winning field goal and Favre was left pondering his NFL future

Jan 2009 - No Playoffs

Jan. 24, 2010 - NFC Championship Game
Favre joined the Vikings at age 39 to win a Super Bowl, and as he drove his Vikings down the field late in the fourth quarter of the NFC title game, it seemed like destiny was smiling on the Mississippi native. But on third down from the Saints' 38, Favre attempted a difficult across-the-body throw to Sidney Rice, which Saints cornerback Tracy Porter intercepted to force overtime. The Saints won the coin toss and subsequently the game, much to Favre's chagrin
  • mod
  • Veteran
Its funny how many people seem to forget that favre f**ks up A LOT!!!

I was watching the game last week, and my dad kept saying if anybody can pull it off favre can.

(my dad has basically been riding favre's nuts since the Vikes/Niner game)

I reminded him that if there is anybody that can f**k it up, its Brett Favre. The guys is the true definition of "gunslinger" Sure you can say he's top 10 or even top 5 QB of all time. But he will never be the best. Right now thats Joe Montana's seat, maybe Peyton Manning can take the throne depending on how things roll out, but Brett is too reckless as far as i'm concerned
And unlike most QB's, Brett never learned or improved. He never grasped that ultimately being a gunslinger doesn't pay, as evidenced by his only 1 Ring. Instead of working on stopping the slinging, instead he dedicated his efforts to being the best gun slinger he could be. Well done in that sense.

This guy can play until he is 50 if he likes, but he will always make rookie mistakes....it is in his nature.

No way Favre is on my top 5, hard enough to keep him in my top 10 as it is
  • flow
  • Veteran
This thread is awesome.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by danimal:
I can almost fap to this

lmfao... I agree to that, many QBs are better than Favre I'd even say Steve McNair was better & tougher (RIP)... Idk how he got so huge and popular. So Favre really had no bad moments in the 90s? Mm
[ Edited by Icedawg316 on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM ]
wheres his only playoff loss to us in 1998? "the catch II"

also, wheres his super bowl loss to the Broncos...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I was watching the game last week, and my dad kept saying if anybody can pull it off favre can.

I reminded him that if there is anybody that can f**k it up, its Brett Favre. The guys is the true definition of "gunslinger" Sure you can say he's top 10 or even top 5 QB of all time. But he will never be the best. Right now thats Joe Montana's seat, maybe Peyton Manning can take the throne depending on how things roll out, but Brett is too reckless as far as i'm concerned

I can understand people forgetting Favre F'ing up as he never seems to do it against the 49ers
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

I can understand people forgetting Favre F'ing up as he never seems to do it against the 49ers

This is true...

Originally posted by danimal:
I can almost fap to this
Favre isnt even top 5 all time. in fact, hes barely top 10 imo.

he played for a million years, which is why hes setting all these records. he only has 1 ring, just like Trent Dilfer.

he was also a turnover machine who made himself a media circus late in his career. theres a classy way to leave, and then theres what brett favre did.

Montana, Marino, Elway, Manning, Bradshaw, Unitas, Graham, Young, Brady were all better overall imo. Favre is the toughest no doubt, and had one of the strongest arms ever, but can you really say he was significantly better than any of those guys in a vacuum?

hes more in the Tarkenton, Fouts, Namath range imo. maybe thats a little harsh, but playing 100 years makes 70,000 passing yds and 500 td's a bit less impressive. maybe im biased...
Share 49ersWebzone