There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NY Jets: Proof that a great OL....

with average talent everywhere else can almost get you to the Superbowl.

Offensively the Jets have very little, aside from a fantastic OL. Their OL makes all of their skills players look better than they really are. That is always the case. Smith, S. Hill, Gore, VD, etc... have looked pretty darn good when our OL performs well. But when it doesn't, they look like s**t.

Aside from that and some better CB's, what do the Jets have that we don't? I argue that our talent at RB, TE, WR, LB, and DL is better than theirs. So lets use our high draft picks on OL and CB and be the Jets of 2010.
#1D also helps + Great OL
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM ]
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=137092
So if they get a great o line they can win more games and contend Interesting thought
they had a lucky little run. they wont be s**t next year
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol, great O line, sanchez must really suck then...they needed help to get into the playoffs.

I tend to agree with you on that. They wont be surprising anyone next year.
Watching the Jets in the playoffs this year showed me what Mike Singletary ment by "hitting people in the mouth"

True, but we are not far from having a top defense as well. We finished #6 in rush defense. We just need more consistent play from our corners to bring up our #21 pass defense.

Sustaining offensive drives with a better OL would help too
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

+2
Let me tell you, people can say what they want but in the second year Ryan and Flacco, didnt look the same. People forget that when your a rookie it isnt as easy to game plan against. I think thats why they were so effective. Flacco did make it to the playoffs, but in the final 8 games, he played horrible, and even in the playoffs, had it not been for the defense, they wouldnt of made it that far. Commentators went as far as saying we hope its not the sophmore slump, but Flacco didnt look the same, looked rattled, and most of the time, like he didnt know what was goin on.

Ryan didnt even make it to the post season. And i think had it not been for everything else around Sanchez being perfect, they wouldnt of made it. So this went to show that it's not all about the QB.

I think Sanchez will get better, but i dont see any probowls from him in the next few years.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

+2
Let me tell you, people can say what they want but in the second year Ryan and Flacco, didnt look the same. People forget that when your a rookie it isnt as easy to game plan against. I think thats why they were so effective. Flacco did make it to the playoffs, but in the final 8 games, he played horrible, and even in the playoffs, had it not been for the defense, they wouldnt of made it that far. Commentators went as far as saying we hope its not the sophmore slump, but Flacco didnt look the same, looked rattled, and most of the time, like he didnt know what was goin on.

Ryan didnt even make it to the post season. And i think had it not been for everything else around Sanchez being perfect, they wouldnt of made it. So this went to show that it's not all about the QB.

I think Sanchez will get better, but i dont see any probowls from him in the next few years.

You also have to have healthy Qbs. Both Ryan and Flacco had injuries this year.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

+2

You also have to have healthy Qbs. Both Ryan and Flacco had injuries this year.

If i learned anything here on the zone is that i dont care if they were injured they didnt perform as well as Manning,Brees or Brady so they suck
OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson = #4 overall IIRC

C Nich Mangold = first round choice

OG Alan Faneca = All Pro

That begins to make anybody look good.

Ferguson is amazing. He is svelte compared to many of the OL on most teams, yet he handles power rushes with ease. His footwork is so easy and fluid it almost looks like he is in slow motion yet he is always in front of his man.

No wonder the Jets did so well. The game is won in the trenches, and they own that ground.

Correct.

A #1 D + a Great O Line goes a long, long way. Sometimes you can win the Super Bowl with that. The Ravens did it.