There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Be Honest, What would Garcon and Collie do as a 9er

Both would be nobodies on the 49ers. Here's another question, How would Jason Hill and Josh Morgan do if they were with the Colts?
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Captain Obvious says: "Our team would be amazing if we had a QB as good as Peyton Manning!"

Tune in tomorrow for: "We'd be undefeated if we could only outscore our opponents!"

its not exactly news that Peyton Manning takes mediocre pass catchers and turns them into pro bowlers.

i dont see the point of this thread.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by 9erred:
If the Niners Drafted Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie, they probably would be considered busts. They would be sitting on the bench behind Arnaz battle and Michael Robinson would still be returning kicks.

My point is a great qb makes the WR. When Montana went to KC, the WR's said if they had Montana, they would have had pro bowl careers.

Austin Collie and Garcon would never have developed in the niners system in my opinion.

I also am convinced that jason Hill in a colts uniform would have produced as much as the aforementioned receivers.

Am I frustrated, heck yes.

pace your frustration because it only going to get worse! Especially with Jimmy raye calling plays and inaccurate small handed can't feel the game alex & wonderland throwing the football to our slow recievers. Pace yourself!

You mean "brace yourself" *******
Originally posted by carlgo:
A guy was on KNBR today discussing how Manning works.

A new skill player gets an immediate text message ordering him to be on the field, in the morning, warmed up and ready to go. He then gets coached by Manning not only on the basics, but the subtle things that make him special. He is detailed and relentless. He is the OC, the coach and the boss like no other QB.

Players go through his system and either work out or flame out.

Kind of a far cry from the 9er way.

Smith might text them to please practice dunking so as to increase their vertical leaping skill...

I don't know if this is entirely fair. I recall reading that Smith spent a fair bit of time practicing with Crabtree.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I agree with this thead.

Quarterback is the #1 reason why we have sucked since 2002.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by carlgo:
A guy was on KNBR today discussing how Manning works.

A new skill player gets an immediate text message ordering him to be on the field, in the morning, warmed up and ready to go. He then gets coached by Manning not only on the basics, but the subtle things that make him special. He is detailed and relentless. He is the OC, the coach and the boss like no other QB.

Players go through his system and either work out or flame out.

Kind of a far cry from the 9er way.

Smith might text them to please practice dunking so as to increase their vertical leaping skill...

I don't know if this is entirely fair. I recall reading that Smith spent a fair bit of time practicing with Crabtree.

Manning just has that credibility and stature to both create and lay down the law. He is breaking in the receiver and coaching him in all the subtleties of a complex offense. And he is not afraid to bury the guy if he isn't catching on.

I think we can say that Smith is at a far lower level, more on the just getting the ball to a guy in the Raye offense.
If the Niners Drafted Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie, they probably would be considered busts. They would be sitting on the bench behind Arnaz battle and Michael Robinson would still be returning kicks.

My point is a great qb makes the WR. When Montana went to KC, the WR's said if they had Montana, they would have had pro bowl careers.

Austin Collie and Garcon would never have developed in the niners system in my opinion.

I also am convinced that jason Hill in a colts uniform would have produced as much as the aforementioned receivers.

Good points To bad the capt. jerkoffs have to come out and run there mouths. Love when peeps come up with something relevant to talk about and others just flap there gums. Remember people not everyone is a football genius
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:

Good points To bad the capt. jerkoffs have to come out and run there mouths. Love when peeps come up with something relevant to talk about and others just flap there gums. Remember people not everyone is a football genius

By "capt. jerkoffs" you mean people with common sense who don't make threads about obvious topics?