There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Be Honest, What would Garcon and Collie do as a 9er

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I was amazed at how well Drew Brees makes all of his receivers look! They all look like all-pros!

i think its the other way around, those WRs are always making great catches in NO, i dont think there is a team that makes more amazing catches than the Saints

I guess its just a coincidence that they all happened to have landed on the same team.

Brees just throws s**t up in the air, his receivers make him look good.

No sense in continuing... We always disagree so this is pointless.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
same as morgan and hill have done.

This
They would be below average WRs.
Originally posted by 9erred:
If the Niners Drafted Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie, they probably would be considered busts. They would be sitting on the bench behind Arnaz battle and Michael Robinson would still be returning kicks.

My point is a great qb makes the WR. When Montana went to KC, the WR's said if they had Montana, they would have had pro bowl careers.

Austin Collie and Garcon would never have developed in the niners system in my opinion.

I also am convinced that jason Hill in a colts uniform would have produced as much as the aforementioned receivers.

Am I frustrated, heck yes.

Jerry Sullivan (our WR coach) couldn't teach a guy to pour piss out of a boot if I wrote the instructions on the heel!
Your right those guys would have sucked here and we would be calling them wasted roster spots and busts!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM ]
One day Alex Smith will make our WRs look all pro.

Hahahahahahahaha

Sorry I couldn't keep from laughing.
I want the niners to let J.Hill go if they're not gonna give him a decent shot. I bet that guy would be tearing it up elsewhere.
Originally posted by danimal:
One of the reasons I predicted the Colts to have a great season is I actually think Peyton Manning happens to be one of the best WR coaches in the league.

Wayne to a point, Dallas to a point
Gonzalez, Collie, Garcon......they all were made much better by Peyton. I think everyone except maybe Marvin would have been much worse without Peyton.

As for the Niners, they are pretty much the opposite, guys like Collie and Garcon would have their careers stunted severely playing here

Agreed. When I worked the Colts sideline I couldn't believe how Peyton was on the sideline. He talked to his recievers more than any coach I've seen on any other team.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
One of the reasons I predicted the Colts to have a great season is I actually think Peyton Manning happens to be one of the best WR coaches in the league.

Gonzalez, Collie, Garcon......they all were made much better by Peyton. I think everyone except maybe Marvin would have been much worse without Peyton.

As for the Niners, they are pretty much the opposite, guys like Collie and Garcon would have their careers stunted severely playing here

Agreed. When I worked the Colts sideline I couldn't believe how Peyton was on the sideline. He talked to his recievers more than any coach I've seen on any other team.

thats a good gig you have there, lots of unique insight I am sure.
They would be B.Jones and A.Battle on our offense.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I want the niners to let J.Hill go if they're not gonna give him a decent shot. I bet that guy would be tearing it up elsewhere.

Why would you care if Jason Hill "tore it up" elsewhere?

And, while I think Hill deserves a better shot than he's received, the Patriots saw something in Welker and traded to get him from the Dolphins. If another team REALLY thought Hill would "tear it up" elsewhere, they could trade for him. As far as we know, no team has thought that much of him.
Originally posted by susweel:

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh you mean like he did Vernon Davis?

Damn I forgot, Davis failed to cooperate.

Many times no less.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Hahahahahahahaha

Many times no less.

~Ceadder

VD was putting up similar numbers with Shaun hill wasnt he?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Hahahahahahahaha

Many times no less.

~Ceadder

VD was putting up similar numbers with Shaun hill wasnt he?

Ummmmmmmm...

Hill/VD=3

Smith/VD=10

But yeah keep trying.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

His rookie year he and Marvin spent countless hours after practice working on routes--Edge joined them too after Peyton asked.
Btw, yours truly picked Garcon with his 49er draft :) If they kept stuff longer here I could prove it. Yes, I want a cookie.