There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Minnesota's Radio Guys when Favre threw the INT

Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I love the passion in the announcers here. Much better than boring Joe Buck make the call thats for sure.

i can't stand Joe Buck, he's so bad

"if you were expecting a high scoring game today...(after 15 seconds)...then..here it is"
-Joe buck after Vikings went up 14-7.
Dude had sucha monotone and sounded like he was looking for something clever to say.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by highwayone:
I hate to say it, but FAVRE IS STUPID AND DOESN'T HAVE THE BRAINS IN CLUTCH TIME.

He turns his brain off and just hucks the ball. That's why Holmgren wanted to kill him after working with Montana and Young. I never saw Holmgren lose his mind with those guys.

really?

That's just plain wrong.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I'm surprized they were able to remain that calm.

you could just sense it in their demeanor that they were ready to shoot somebody

i'm surprised he didn't drop an F-bomb.

I was thinking the same thing. That being said, I agree with some of the posters; listening to hometown radio announcers are awesome. Their emotions are raw and totally come through when they're doing the game.
Holy s**t that was funny.
man

thats why I love sports
I hate to say it, but FAVRE IS STUPID AND DOESN'T HAVE THE BRAINS IN CLUTCH TIME.

He turns his brain off and just hucks the ball. That's why Holmgren wanted to kill him after working with Montana and Young. I never saw Holmgren lose his mind with those guys.

really?

PURE LUCK. And you know it.
^^it wasnt luck

it was mark roman defending
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He could have run to about the 30, that would have been a 47 yard FG attempt, well with in Longwell's range. That ill advised pass cost the Vikings a trip to the Superbowl.
Favre has thrown stupid interceptions many a time with a game on the line. WHY does he never throw a stupid pick against the 49ers? His luck against us makes me want to vomit up everything I have ever eaten.
Here's what I've always wondered...

It's obvious, by listening to any sports radio broadcast, that the broadcasters are fans of their team. But I doubt that every broadcaster grows up, lucky enough to eventually announce their favorite team.

I've been a 49er fan since I was 6, I don't know how I'd be able to cheer another team on if I became their radio broadcaster.

So how do they become fans of these teams?

really?

Yeah he did huck it up. That pass gets picked 90% of the time. He was fortunate it was against our sub par safties. They can hit but can't play the ball in the air very well.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

really?

Yeah he did huck it up. That pass gets picked 90% of the time. He was fortunate it was against our sub par safties. They can hit but can't play the ball in the air very well.

There was a tonne of luck in that play. I know Brett gets a lot of credit for that but really, it wasn't that difficult of a throw. He just hucked it to a spot in the back of the endzone. It isn't like he fitted it in a tight window. Lewis the one who made the greater play.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

It's obvious, by listening to any sports radio broadcast, that the broadcasters are fans of their team. But I doubt that every broadcaster grows up, lucky enough to eventually announce their favorite team.

I've been a 49er fan since I was 6, I don't know how I'd be able to cheer another team on if I became their radio broadcaster.

They may not necessarily be fans of the team, once you work with a team for long enough you're bound to get an attachment to the team. Plus they are probably told by the radio company to be enthusiastic for the home team.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

They may not necessarily be fans of the team, once you work with a team for long enough you're bound to get an attachment to the team. Plus they are probably told by the radio company to be enthusiastic for the home team.

Yep. Just like you have to be nice to every b***h customer in retail, you keep the "bias" because you are getting paid for it.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Yep. Just like you have to be nice to every b***h customer in retail, you keep the "bias" because you are getting paid for it.

Precisely. When watching a 49ers game i always loved listening to Starkey with TOUCHDOWN 49ERS! OH BOY WHAT A BONANZA! Rather than Joe Bucks monotone voice.