There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone feel bad for Brett Favre??

hell no Farve is a fail
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by artiga1:
Originally posted by dj43:
Despite the fact he owned the 49ers over the years, I DID feel badly for him. He has been a class act over the years and done a great deal for the community both in GB and his hometown.

The Packers basicly shoved him to the curb, which is their right, and forced him to go to NY instead of Minnesota, which was his choice. As a player, he was treated as property, which he was, but that does not take away from the fact he has a right to seek the best job situation he can.

So yes, even though he made a classic mistake, he will now likely remember that last terrible decision far more than all the many great plays he has made. Without Favre, the Vikings would not have even been in the playoffs, and, without the fumbles by Berrian and Peterson, Favre would not have been in the position of making the mistake that took away the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG.

That is the cruel thing about this game, but I do feel bad for Bret Favre. He deserved to go out a winner

Or maybe it was all Favres fault for throwing an interception at the most important part of the game...the score was 28-28 so Berrian and Peterson hadnt lost the game, they needed a few more yards to get in field goal range, and had he not thrown the INT they would have a decent shot at a game wining FG...But no, the Vikings lost on Favres INT and theres no doubt about that

And why does he deserve to go out a winner? Because he's old and still plays good and it would made a nice story line to end his career? If any thing Drew Brees deserved to be the winner, simply because he was the better quarterback...The Vikings have a more talented team, on both sides of the ball, and they were the better team on Sunday. They should have won. But Bret Favre couldnt get it done. Drew Brees did get it done so he and the Saints deserve to win

Worst post I've ever read. They fumbled 6 times. 6 times! That's why they lost. Not Favre. 12 guys go in the hudle and they lose yards that puts them out of FG range (Epic sideline fail mix up). Also not Favres fault. After all that crap he was just trying to make a play because being at the 40 yard line or so does no good at all.

Really? well i could probably say the same about a couple of your posts

but like i said the score was 28-28...THEY HAD NOT LOST THE GAME YET....they had six fumbles and STILL had a shot to win...the 12 man penalty was huge but they STILL had a shot to win....had Favre ran 6 yards and gone out of bounds, they probably kicked the game winning field goal as time expired....But instead Favre trusts his arm too much and throws across the field like a rookie quarterback, throws an interception and THEN they lost the game.

In summary: Bret Favre lost the game
[ Edited by artiga1 on Jan 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM ]
i love seeing him walk off the field for the last time after costing his team the super bowl.

its such a satifying sight for myself, after all he did to make sure the 49ers walked off the field to end their season in disapointment.

right when he threw the pick, and walked off all tired and disappointed, i laughed and immediately thought about the MIN game this season when he beat us on the final play, and everyone was all happy and jumping around.

Favre is an overrated pick machine that needed 20 years of playing to beat Montanas records. he can kick rocks in retirement.
  • Mex49
Feel sorry for the guy they call the Niner Killer? f**k the both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Despite the fact he owned the 49ers over the years, I DID feel badly for him. He has been a class act over the years and done a great deal for the community both in GB and his hometown.

The Packers basicly shoved him to the curb, which is their right, and forced him to go to NY instead of Minnesota, which was his choice. As a player, he was treated as property, which he was, but that does not take away from the fact he has a right to seek the best job situation he can.

So yes, even though he made a classic mistake, he will now likely remember that last terrible decision far more than all the many great plays he has made. Without Favre, the Vikings would not have even been in the playoffs, and, without the fumbles by Berrian and Peterson, Favre would not have been in the position of making the mistake that took away the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG.

That is the cruel thing about this game, but I do feel bad for Bret Favre. He deserved to go out a winner

Or maybe it was all Favres fault for throwing an interception at the most important part of the game...the score was 28-28 so Berrian and Peterson hadnt lost the game, they needed a few more yards to get in field goal range, and had he not thrown the INT they would have a decent shot at a game wining FG...But no, the Vikings lost on Favres INT and theres no doubt about that

And why does he deserve to go out a winner? Because he's old and still plays good and it would made a nice story line to end his career? If any thing Drew Brees deserved to be the winner, simply because he was the better quarterback...The Vikings have a more talented team, on both sides of the ball, and they were the better team on Sunday. They should have won. But Bret Favre couldnt get it done. Drew Brees did get it done so he and the Saints deserve to win

Worst post I've ever read. They fumbled 6 times. 6 times! That's why they lost. Not Favre. 12 guys go in the hudle and they lose yards that puts them out of FG range (Epic sideline fail mix up). Also not Favres fault. After all that crap he was just trying to make a play because being at the 40 yard line or so does no good at all.

Really? well i could probably say the same about a couple of your posts

but like i said the score was 28-28...THEY HAD NOT LOST THE GAME YET....they had six fumbles and STILL had a shot to win...the 12 man penalty was huge but they STILL had a shot to win....had Favre ran 6 yards and gone out of bounds, they probably kicked the game winning field goal as time expired....But instead Favre trusts his arm too much and throws across the field like a rookie quarterback, throws an interception and THEN they lost the game.

In summary: Bret Favre lost the game

If they had 6 fumbles and still had a chance to win that means Favre played well. AP couldn't carry a loaf of bread home from the grocery store on that day. He couldn't hold anything. It's absolutely the worst game I've ever seen from him in his NFL career.

Football is a team game but if you want to point you could point more at Adrian Peterson losing that game.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 29, 2010 at 4:03 PM ]
No b***h
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
f**k no, I enjoyed watching him get knocked around all game and then throw an INT at the worst possible time.

It was beautiful.
this
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
f**k no, I enjoyed watching him get knocked around all game and then throw an INT at the worst possible time.

It was beautiful.

this
I felt bad that he didn't get KTFO earlier in the game, and had to suffer through all the hits the Saints put on him.