There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does anyone feel bad for Brett Favre??

Karma's a b***h, and Favre had it coming.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
I've watched this repeatedly:

Now excuse me, I have to clean up my keyboard.

after the pick, if he would of made a break for the sideline, he probably would of scored.

On a very sore ankle, and as beat up as he was, he likely didn't even think about trying to run for it, even though it looked open for a gain that would have made a FG easy. 10 years ago he would have run, but not yesterday. The fact he didn't feel he could should be reason enough to hang it up for good this time.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM ]
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
f**k NO
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
f**k no! I hope he's done for good.

haha I doubt it. I think he'll be back next year. He was 2 plays away. 12 men in the huddle and 1 bad throw across his body...
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM ]

after the pick, if he would of made a break for the sideline, he probably would of scored.

That would have been so much sweater if he did return it. I thought he had it but for some reason he went in instead of out.

Wow...that's an Alex Smith type throw right there.

Oh and screw you, Brett Favre!!
[ Edited by Bluefalcon61 on Jan 26, 2010 at 4:07 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

On a very sore ankle, and as beat up as he was, he likely didn't even think about trying to run for it, even though it looked open for a gain that would have made a FG easy. 10 years ago he would have run, but not yesterday. The fact he didn't feel he could should be reason enough to hang it up for good this time.

the dude that got the pick, not favre. Favre would of gained 5 yards tops.
No I sure don't feel bad for Brett at all. I just hope for his sake that he comes to terms with his NFL career this offseason and retires PERMANENTLY!
I feel bad for him but I dont hate him like most
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Karma's a b***h, and Favre had it coming.

I agree completely, I think the Football Gods didn't like the Vikings scoring
that last TD pass against the Cowboys, I bet they wish they saved that
score for the Saints, HA HA, I am so happy that we are all not going to
have to hear about Favre for the next 2 weeks, thank the football gods, I
will get to enjoy the Favre-less Super Bowl!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by dj43:
Despite the fact he owned the 49ers over the years, I DID feel badly for him. He has been a class act over the years and done a great deal for the community both in GB and his hometown.

The Packers basicly shoved him to the curb, which is their right, and forced him to go to NY instead of Minnesota, which was his choice. As a player, he was treated as property, which he was, but that does not take away from the fact he has a right to seek the best job situation he can.

So yes, even though he made a classic mistake, he will now likely remember that last terrible decision far more than all the many great plays he has made. Without Favre, the Vikings would not have even been in the playoffs, and, without the fumbles by Berrian and Peterson, Favre would not have been in the position of making the mistake that took away the opportunity to kick a game-winning FG.

That is the cruel thing about this game, but I do feel bad for Bret Favre. He deserved to go out a winner.

This.
lol I didn't notice until now that Porter did Jared Allen's celebration after the interception

Awesome Article About Favre Fail!
It was a toss up with me because I was curious to see how far he would take the Vikings. Also, the Viking have NEVER won a Superbowl and they've always been the Bride's Maid but never the bride.

On the other hand, the Saints have never won anything and this is their time to shine. As it is, they're the sentimental favorite to win it all.

It's too bad that there's so much hate for Farve here and I just wonder "What if he were the 49er's QB?" Would he get the credit that he deserves?

He WILL be in the Hall of fame whether or not you folks give him credit for what he's accomplished or not. I DON'T see any current 49er's QB who is better than him RIGHT NOW, and he's how old?
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
It was a toss up with me because I was curious to see how far he would take the Vikings. Also, the Viking have NEVER won a Superbowl and they've always been the Bride's Maid but never the bride.

On the other hand, the Saints have never won anything and this is their time to shine. As it is, they're the sentimental favorite to win it all.

It's too bad that there's so much hate for Farve here and I just wonder "What if he were the 49er's QB?" Would he get the credit that he deserves?

He WILL be in the Hall of fame whether or not you folks give him credit for what he's accomplished or not. I DON'T see any current 49er's QB who is better than him RIGHT NOW, and he's how old?

Captain Obvious strikes again!