LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

2010 Pro Bowl Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Thank god its over! God the pro bowl is a horrible game
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow did Romo grill Vernon after that miss? Seriously.

did he?

I couldn't tell if that pass was deflected or Vernon's fault

The one before the pick? It wouldn't surprise me if Vern ran the wrong route... IIRC Romo said to him "seam route...". I said this in the other thread, it's the one thing that seperates him from being hands down better than the TEs like Clark. Route running, awareness, and hands.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

The one before the pick? It wouldn't surprise me if Vern ran the wrong route... IIRC Romo said to him "seam route...". I said this in the other thread, it's the one thing that seperates him from being hands down better than the TEs like Clark. Route running, awareness, and hands.

he was tellin vernon to run a seam for the next play which he did
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

he was tellin vernon to run a seam for the next play which he did

Oh I see. It sounded to me like he was tellin him he ran the wrong route but I guess I was wrong haha.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Can someone tell me how Andy Lee got an average of 12.5 yards per punt, with a long of 54?

How does that even make sense?
No major injuries for any niners players. That is all that matters...

I got scared on a D. Jackson screen where Jackson fell onto Vernon's leg. Easily could have been disastrous. Romo even looked at Vernon in the huddle and asked him if he was ok.
Originally posted by Ether:
Can someone tell me how Andy Lee got an average of 12.5 yards per punt, with a long of 54?

How does that even make sense?

the long is just how far he kicked the ball. So he managed to get the ball 54 yards past the LOS. The net means the coverage team was lousy and allowed too many return yards...like that 60 yard return by cribbs. First thing i thought of when i saw that was "thats gonna hurt the net average"
I really didn't like the "feel" of this game watching it on tv. I'm from Hawaii and have been to the probowl a few times when it was being played there and it seemed really different this time around. The fans in Hawaii appreciated the Probowl every year because they have no major pro sports franchise. I'm convinced after watching it that the game shouldn't be played anymore now. It definitely shouldn't be played the week before the Superbowl! Its just another thing the Goddell screwed up IMO.

I
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by E-49er:
I really didn't like the "feel" of this game watching it on tv. I'm from Hawaii and have been to the probowl a few times when it was being played there and it seemed really different this time around. The fans in Hawaii appreciated the Probowl every year because they have no major pro sports franchise. I'm convinced after watching it that the game shouldn't be played anymore now. It definitely shouldn't be played the week before the Superbowl! Its just another thing the Goddell screwed up IMO.

I

I agree. And was it me, or was the refs not calling penalties to run up a first time score in Miami?? And it seems like the players put a lot more effort into the game when it was in Hawaii??

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I

I agree. And was it me, or was the refs not calling penalties to run up a first time score in Miami?? And it seems like the players put a lot more effort into the game when it was in Hawaii??

are they not allowed to call offsides? I thought I saw at least 2 of those that weren't called
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I

Yeah they did put a lot more effort into it when it was Hawaii. A lot of guys have come out and said that they hate it now that it's in Miami. Also that you could even see, on that Rodgers long throw to Steve Smith from NYG the DE Ellis gave up and just stood there for like 4 or 5 seconds. In a real game dude would've been smashed(it was a great throw though). A lot of guys didn't play hard. I didn't even watch the 2nd/3rd quarters, it got ridiculously boring after the 1st and I came back when it was close.
Share 49ersWebzone