LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

If Manning or Favre win the Super Bowl?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well Favre is out of the discussion for this year. No Superbowl for him.
jamarcus russell..definitely best qb in the nfl
Originally posted by momoney925:

you're right, he has those natural abilities to lead a team to victory.
Originally posted by GoNiners:

you're right, he has those natural abilities to lead a team to Dunkin Donuts.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by GoNiners:

you're right, he has those natural abilities to lead a team to Dunkin Donuts.

yeah.
and if he fails theres no worries cause they have Bruce Gradkowski
Originally posted by BigRon:
Well Favre is out of the discussion for this year. No Superbowl for him.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Ether:
Are they in contention for greatest QB of all time? Favre will have had 3 Super Bowls, with a handful of Passing Records. Manning has the stats to be the GOAT now, and a 2nd Super Bowl Ring could allow him to pass Montana...

Opinions?

bret will have 2, he lost the one to elway.

and i can live with peyton, he is an amazing quarterback. Joe will always be the best to me, and certainly the most clutch which isn't even close IMO.

Peyton might be the GOAT when it is all said and done but only cause he plays in the p***yfoot modern football where quarterbacks can't be touched and receivers can't be touched after 5 yards.

That is the best point. To different eras. Today QBs can't be touched and neither can the receivers. It is the reason why passing stats and scores are much higher now than before. Look at Joe, his stats would be so much more if he didn't miss so many games cause of injuries. Joe took a beating cause defensive players could tee off on QBs in the past.

All stats aside, NOBODY runs or ran an offense the way Peyton Manning does. He is probably the smartest QB to ever play and he controls every aspect of his offense to a degree unmatched by any QB in history. He figures defenses out like nobody else can and is more important to his team's ability to win than any other player in history.

When people say he's a coach on the field, it's an understatement.
When all is said and done, Peyton Manning will be mentioned with Jerry Rice as the greatest football player of all time. He probably has about 6 or 7 years left in the league and his team is still really young.

I have no problem saying that he will end up a better QB than Joe by the time he retires. The guy is just unreal, and I am glad I have been able to watch him.

As for Favre, with or without a SB this year, he is still one of the best ever. He is by far the toughest QB I have ever seen, but I wouldnt put him in the convo as best ever. Too many INTs. Before he threw that 4th quarter INT, I was talking to my buddy, and asked him "Does he throw a TD here or does he throw a pick? Brett Favre doesnt punt or kick field goals when the game is on the line." IMO you would never have that debate about Manning, Brady, or Montana. I would take any of those 3 QBs on my team before Favre.
I love how it seems like almost each year there's a new "greatest QB of all time". In 2007 people were dead sure Brady was the greatest. And even if he wasn't, people on this board were putting him behind only of Montana. Peyton would be lucky to crack the top five.

Now it's Manning to n# 1 and it's Brady who barely reaches 5.

Give it a year or two and Brees will become the "greatest of all-time".
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I love how it seems like almost each year there's a new "greatest QB of all time". In 2007 people were dead sure Brady was the greatest. And even if he wasn't, people on this board were putting him behind only of Montana. Peyton would be lucky to crack the top five.

Now it's Manning to n# 1 and it's Brady who barely reaches 5.

Give it a year or two and Brees will become the "greatest of all-time".

Peyton Manning has been in the conversation since before he won the Super Bowl. People were comparing him to Marino. He finally won a ring, now is poised for a second one, and will probably be in position for a few more before he retires.

I have never thought Brady should be in the conversation. Yeah he had rings, but his job was to just to not make mistakes. He didnt start putting up great numbers until he got Moss. I dont think Brady is ever going to be the same after that knee injury. It seems like he started to believe and act like he was the greatest, after their 16-0 season, instead of the guy drafted in the 6th round trying to prove himself.

If Brees keeps putting up the numbers, he will be mentioned, but he is going to have to win some rings. Until he does that, he will be there with Marino and Archie Manning.

I find it really hard for youngsters to claim "greatest of all time" when you never saw Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, etc.

Best QB of the time period, okay. GOAT? No way. Whenever Manning gets pressure on him, he crumbles like a house of cards. Marino did the same thing.

A lot of old timers put Johnny Unitas first, with Montana tied or 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone