Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICAL Conference Championships

Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Exactly. Give me W's and Superbowls over big stats.

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Brady lost a Super Bowl!

*fixed
story line of SuperBowl.

A New Orleans native leads the Indy Colts vs a Purdue graduate leading the New Orlean Saints.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This is why gunslingers like Marino and Favre can never be compared to guys like Montana/Brady/Manning. Sure they put up big stats. But a lot of times they hurt their teams in the process.

Whew! It's a good thing we have Alex Smith!

(ducking from things being thrown)

don't worry, Favre threw something at you, but it got intercepted.

HAHA

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Belichick lost a Super Bowl!

And Belicheck won 3 SB's.
story line of SuperBowl.

A New Orleans native leads the Indy Colts vs a Purdue graduate leading the New Orlean Saints.

The Mannings are New Oreleans natives.

caught you before the edit.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM ]
great game. it makes so sad, tho -- only one more game of my favorite sport to watch and then it's the super long, super boring months upon months of waiting for it to come back.
story line of SuperBowl.

good thing you edited. i was my head on that one
story line of SuperBowl.

The Mannings are New Oreleans natives.

caught you before the edit.

Okay sometimes beer and posting doesn't work very weewweweeelll.

Whew! It's a good thing we have Alex Smith!

(ducking from things being thrown)

don't worry, Favre threw something at you, but it got intercepted.

damn watching these playoffs made me realize with another draft to make our d top 5 and getting weapons and oline we can do the same thing the jets did but with a better offense if raye stays awake all 60 mins and alex continues to grow after a pretty good yr for not playing every gm. im confident we can make a nice run next yr, not sb but a good run to show the world the 9ers are f**king back
Vikings deserve to lose because of their sloppy play and turnovers

You all are conveniently forgetting one thing: Favre won a Super Bowl. He also lost one, but nonetheless, he has done better than Marino. And besides, Belichick lost a Super Bowl!

And Belicheck won 3 SB's.

But were they on the up and up?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
great game. it makes so sad, tho -- only one more game of my favorite sport to watch and then it's the super long, super boring months upon months of waiting for it to come back.

true that. at least i got the sharks until june god willing. i just cant wait till the draft already
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
damn watching these playoffs made me realize with another draft to make our d top 5 and getting weapons and oline we can do the same thing the jets did but with a better offense if raye stays awake all 60 mins and alex continues to grow after a pretty good yr for not playing every gm. im confident we can make a nice run next yr, not sb but a good run to show the world the 9ers are f**king back

What it reminds me is that it has been 16 years since we last went to and won a Super Bowl, and that the guy doing Van Heusen PFHOF commercials led us there.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

true that. at least i got the sharks until june god willing. i just cant wait till the draft already

i know, right? i just want to fast forward to it - i think we'll have a slow FA period. and yea, we have the sharks to watch and hope they can advance in the playoffs for once... and then the giants come back.. but it's just not the same. i could watch the 49ers everyday all day. luckily there's youtube for that.