Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope the Jets win.

I'm tired of this Manning being the G.O.A.T talk

with a couple of more championships, you see why many think so.

key word: couple. When he has 3 or more, then bring this G.O.A.T stuff up.

it's still early to be saying that i agree, but i would consider bringing it up when he has 2.

I say 3, because assuming he wins it this year, I still wouldn't give it to him. If I had one game to win, I still wouldn't choose Manning as my QB at this point in time.

yeah, but say he wins only 2 in his whole career, but has all the yardage and TD records, consecutive starts, the 4 (or more) MVPs, and is one of the winningest QB's in history (if not THE winningest; not sure where he stands in that regard)--wouldn't that put him up at the top, even if he doesn't have as many SB's?

I don't care about regular season statistics, especially in this era of football. To me at least, you have to be insanely clutch in games that matter i.e playoffs to be considered the G.O.A.T. I haven't seen Manning do that enough times for me to give him that title.

i feel ya, mostly playin' devil's advocate, but I do think when its all said and done we'll consider Manning on of the top-3 Qb's in the history of the league.

Yeah, I definitely believe he can be or is top 5 already, but I just hate it when people throw out the title G.O.A.T so easily for any sport.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Garson!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

pass the ball to clark next time
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Garcon is gonna be a problem for years to come
Good Lord, Peyton is a BAD man.

Personally, I think the Colts aren't even close to the playoffs with an average QB.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 24, 2010 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by Esco:
Garcon is gonna be a problem for years to come

so is
That #21 on the Jets is really getting picked on.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
That #21 on the Jets is really getting picked on.

sjsu alum
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Good Lord, Peyton is a BAD man.

Yes he is. Just laughable that anyone would ever say anything negative about this guy at all.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

lol where did that come from. I know I'm in the minority but I Love those unis. They should be our throwbacks since our current unis look so much like the 80's unis.
Share 49ersWebzone