There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vick on steroids during his Atlanta Falcons days?

The name David Jacobs might not initially ring many bells. He's the convicted steroids dealer from Plano, Texas, who was sharing information with the NFL regarding steroids users until he committed suicide.

By shooting himself.

Twice.

The Dallas Morning News reports that, before Jacobs died, he told the News that he was Mike Vick's steroids supplier during Vick's tenure with the Falcons.

Jacobs' death occurred while Vick was serving time in Kansas for dogfighting and gambling.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/23/david-jacobs-said-he-supplied-vick-with-steroids/
i saw this earlier on profootballtalk. It looks like they are the only ones breaking the news.
Most NFL players are on steriods. Its not a big deal, its something most fans just ignore.
maybe it was for his dogs?
Originally posted by susweel:
Most NFL players are on steriods. Its not a big deal, its something most fans just ignore.

and this is wut i like abt the nfl. make too much of a big deal about it in baseball

Keith Brooking?

[ Edited by RedRazor on Jan 23, 2010 at 16:16:11 ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

That's what I would say if I were him. lol
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Why did they feel the need to say he shot himself.

Twice?

That wasn't needed.

At All.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Originally posted by Ether:
Why did they feel the need to say he shot himself.

Twice?

That wasn't needed.

At All.

To imply that it wasn't a suicide.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

and this is wut i like abt the nfl. make too much of a big deal about it in baseball

Didn't the NFL make the FIRST big thing about Steroids in the 80s'?

I guess nobody remembers Lyle Alzado.

Is there truly any question that Bo Jackson used? The man would break a Bat over his leg like kindling every time he struck out. It's no wonder he had that necrosis thing end his NFL career.

But whatever.

Steroids are bad at any level or Sport.

~Ceadder
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Is there truly any question that Bo Jackson used? The man would break a Bat over his leg like kindling every time he struck out. It's no wonder he had that necrosis thing end his NFL career.

But whatever.

~Ceadder

I remember.

I am still haunted by Alzado's message against using. Shortly there afterward, he died. I disagree that Bo used. I just don't see it with Bo. His numbers were never as spectacular as those that did. In fact, his football numbers were better than his baseball one's.
Originally posted by fropwns:

But whatever.

~Ceadder

I remember.

I am still haunted by Alzado's message against using. Shortly there afterward, he died. I disagree that Bo used. I just don't see it with Bo. His numbers were never as spectacular as those that did. In fact, his football numbers were better than his baseball one's.

His numbers were never spectacular because his career was extremely short in the NFL and being a 2 sport guy in Baseball his hip injury impacted that as well.

It's a safe bet that he used.

Steroids don't necessarily give one the edge in terms of Stats. There are PLENTY of guys that used who just didn't have the stats. Jeremy Giambi? Jose's brother? McGwire's brother?

The list is long as to guys that used and didn't go anywhere. The guys that did have an impact in the league would probably have had an impact even if they were not juicing. The same goes for Football. Alot of the throwback guys that juiced only did so to gain mass. Nowadays they do so to get over injuries faster for the most part.

~Ceadder

But whatever.

~Ceadder

how am i supposed to know i wasn't even born till the 90's

but currently, the NFL handles the steroid issue so much better than baseball

Some but not most. You can't stereotype across the board like that. You can build muscle by eating a lot of calories and a lot of protein and working out a lot in the gym. Steriods are not necessary.