There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Peyton Hillis wants to be traded?

Originally posted by dwett:
I love this idea. Nice job thinking outside the box Willisthewall. What do you guys think it would take to make this happen. I agree with strickac. A 4th would be ideal. Are there any FBs in the draft that can match his talent. It would be a great upgrade.

Thanks man. I actually really liked watching Hillis play in Shanahan's last year with the broncos. Kind of made me mad how much McDaniels underutilized him even though I'm not even a fan of that team at all, he was a fun player to watch(along with Eddie Royal actually). He would be the best FB in this draft for sure IMO.
Hillis is better than any RB on our squad except Gore. In fact, he could be a very capable backup to Gore and not just a FB. That would allow us to develop Miller more as a FB, cuz I like him too. Time for Norris to bid a fond farewell. If we don't get a RB in the draft, we could sign Hillis and waive both Coffee and Norris. Why Denver didn't use him more this year is a mystery and perhaps relates to the apparent bias against white RB's, because that's really what he is, a very powerful RB, not just somebody's blocker.
He played for the U, didnt he?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Nope, Arkansas.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Yeah he was the fullback for McFadden and Felix Jones in Arkansas. Would be a great addition for us bc this kid can actually do something with the ball when given the chance.

I just wasn't happy with Moran Norris this year.

THIS!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Nope, Arkansas.

Oh ok, I got him mixed up with someone else.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Better than any RB on this team ? Questionable.

He excelled in Shanny's ZBS, which does not equal a good or a great player. There has been a bevy of players to have excelled in that system who have gone on to being mediocre at best once they left Denver.

Please explain why he is better than Coffee or MRob and what he brings to the table that both of them don't ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

He excelled in Shanny's ZBS, which does not equal a good or a great player. There has been a bevy of players to have excelled in that system who have gone on to being mediocre at best once they left Denver.

Please explain why he is better than Coffee or MRob and what he brings to the table that both of them don't ?

Better FB than Norris or MRob, plus he's younger. I like MRob as a special teams guy but he can't find the hole. I want him as our Rathman style fullback. He's a good blocker and has great hands out of the backfield.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Better FB than Norris or MRob, plus he's younger. I like MRob as a special teams guy but he can't find the hole. I want him as our Rathman style fullback. He's a good blocker and has great hands out of the backfield.

Based on what ? He is not a great lead blocker from the few instances I have seen him used in that capacity in Denver. The kid fits the WCO or a team running a ZBS that's looking for a bigger back for short yardage, we fit neither of those. Why would we employ a Rathman style back when we don't run the right system to use said back and get the most bang for the buck ?

Trading for Hillis IMO is a waste of a late round pick in our case. I'd rather use that on an OL to develop than on a player who is going to be used on ST's. We have a good ST'er already in MRob who fills that role.
trade a 7th round pick for him

Do you watch all Denver games to make those sorts of claims?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Do you watch all Denver games to make those sorts of claims?

-9fA

I was living in Denver when before McDaniels was there. I saw Hillis in action and I was blown away by him. He's a smart runner and he's a nightmare to bring down. He does have great hands, BTW.
Here's a video I found on Youtube. It should put to rest the debate over his receiving skills. We need a powerful runner like Hillis.

Hillis
Originally posted by strickac:
Here's a video I found on Youtube. It should put to rest the debate over his receiving skills. We need a powerful runner like Hillis.

Hillis

Exactly. I honestly don't think that the people questioning him ever saw him even play
I don't think Robinson has any business being an RB