LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Peyton Hillis wants to be traded?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yeah I know most of you have no idea who he is. He plays for the broncos. He's a young fullback who is good in short yardage situations and catch the ball out of the backfield. PERFECT for us IMO. I read this on a broncos message board, and I can refind the link to the post if need be, that he was on a denver radio station and wants to get traded. IMO he wouldn't cost a lot, McDaniels doesn't use a FB much at all anyway, and he could help us out A LOT IMO.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah I know most of you have no idea who he is. He plays for the broncos. He's a young fullback who is good in short yardage situations and catch the ball out of the backfield. PERFECT for us IMO. I read this on a broncos message board, and I can refind the link to the post if need be, that he was on a denver radio station and wants to get traded. IMO he wouldn't cost a lot, McDaniels doesn't use a FB much at all anyway, and he could help us out A LOT IMO.

I love him in madden... I don't no what it is but a white Fb with his speed i just had to draft him. STUD!!
Yeah he was the fullback for McFadden and Felix Jones in Arkansas. Would be a great addition for us bc this kid can actually do something with the ball when given the chance.

I just wasn't happy with Moran Norris this year.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I love him in madden
... I don't no what it is but a white Fb with his speed i just had to draft him. STUD!!

Always one of you

But to the topic at hand this is a very interesting idea that would help us alot....But if we do go full spread next year would he be used much?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'd love to have Hillis if we try again to be a smash mouth team. that will depend on how we draft, ie fixing the Oline. I think the Jets are showing that unless you have/ can get an elite QB (Manning is a once a generation player drafted, Brees and Favre were both acquired as FAs), the best thing is to build a dominant line and D, THEN add the QB and put him in position to succeed. Hillis would help, good in short yardage, can catch and also has some speed. Very much a Rathman type.
Yeah he's also a better running back then Glen Coffee as well.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Although I don't know who he is, but if he's better than Coffee, let's to the trade...Coffee for Hills straight up!

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 19, 2010 at 09:18:21 ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I'm all for getting a FB, man...Rath will make him Beast!
At first I thought it said Patrick Willis..I was about to cry
He plays hard and doesn't he return kicks alos Not the greatest kick returner but at this point anybody is an upgrade

Hillis was on my highschool football team in Conway, AR, he actually lived in my neighborhood. I was a Senior when he was a sophmore and he ran me over every day in practice, the man's a beast. I've always thought he would fit in well in the 49ers offense. Very physical, decent runner, with very good hands. In my opinion he would be an upgrade over M. Rob on offense.

[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:29:01 ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
He plays hard and doesn't he return kicks alos Not the greatest kick returner but at this point anybody is an upgrade

But we would want him as a FB, not as a kick returner...
Peyton Hillis is a beast. Shanahan fell in love with him in Denver until he tore up his knee and went on IR. If anyone trades for him, it'll be Washington.

Hillis could be a starting RB. He's quick and extremely powerful. Plus, he's a very good receiver. He's an animal. If it were me, I'd give a 4th for him, easily. I'd even consider a 3rd. I think he's that good.

Trade for Hillis and dump M-Rob. Do it!! (in my Ben Stiller voice)
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Although I don't know who he is, but if he's better than Coffee, let's to the trade...Coffee for Hills straight up!

He had a few 100 yard games last season when every Bronco running back was busted up.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
I love this idea. Nice job thinking outside the box Willisthewall. What do you guys think it would take to make this happen. I agree with strickac. A 4th would be ideal. Are there any FBs in the draft that can match his talent. It would be a great upgrade.
Share 49ersWebzone