There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chan Gailey named Bills Head Coach

link

Does Chan have ties to Manusky and/or Mike Johnson? Dude better back off. (Of course I'm assuming the Bills were the ones contacting Sing about one of our coaches.)

Maybe they don't want to wait for Frazier.

*UPDATE*
Gailey named Bills HC

Maybe they'll make a rise from perennial mediocrity?

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 22, 2010 at 22:00:18 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
link

Does Chan have ties to Manusky and/or Mike Johnson? Dude better back off. (Of course I'm assuming the Bills were the ones contacting Sing about one of our coaches.)

Maybe they don't want to wait for Frazier.

I am really surprised they haven't interviewed Brian Billick.
Looks like Gailey is going to be indeed the new HC.

NFL.com

League sources expect Chan Gailey to be hired as coach of the Bills this week.

A longtime coordinator in the league and former coach of the Cowboys (1998-99), Gailey has emerged as the favorite in Buffalo’s coaching search, according to sources. A contract could be forthcoming.

Gailey was ousted as the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator before the start of the season.

Gailey has met twice with the Bills, and sources close to other Buffalo candidates are under the belief that he will get the job soon. Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier had been a top candidate, but a source close to him said that Frazier expects Gailey to land the job.

Numerous coaches have turned down the opportunity to interview with the Bills since they fired coach Dick Jauron in November.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Looks like Gailey is going to be indeed the new HC.

NFL.com

League sources expect Chan Gailey to be hired as coach of the Bills this week.

A longtime coordinator in the league and former coach of the Cowboys (1998-99), Gailey has emerged as the favorite in Buffalo’s coaching search, according to sources. A contract could be forthcoming.

Gailey was ousted as the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator before the start of the season.

Gailey has met twice with the Bills, and sources close to other Buffalo candidates are under the belief that he will get the job soon. Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier had been a top candidate, but a source close to him said that Frazier expects Gailey to land the job.

Numerous coaches have turned down the opportunity to interview with the Bills since they fired coach Dick Jauron in November.

-9fA

Ew
Yeah my Bills fan buddy told me this earlier. The only thing he said was: "Why the f**k are they gonna hire this a*****e???"
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Yeah my Bills fan buddy told me this earlier. The only thing he said was: "Why the f**k are they gonna hire this a*****e???"

He's the whore of the coaching pool.

If you were poonless for a long ass time and you just had to release your sperm bank, you gunna take whoever you can get at that point - no matter how ugly or std-infused they are.

Chan Gailey is the HPV positive chick you meet on craiglist.
Why in the hell would they hire this guy? Didn't he get fired after like a week by Todd Haley or something? He's not a good coach IMO...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Why in the hell would they hire this guy? Didn't he get fired after like a week by Todd Haley or something? He's not a good coach IMO...

I think Haley fired him because Haley wanted to run the Chiefs offense his way, so I'm fairly sure that it was a philosophical difference, not necessarily a coaching deficiency that got Chan fired from the Chiefs.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Bill Cowher recommended him to the Steelers brass when he stepped down as HC of the Steelers. He also recommended him to the Bills. If you look at his track record as an OC, it is impressive, he's been successful. As a HC he is 18-14 with 2 post season losses. FWIW Mike Lombardi reports Scott Pioli almost hired Gailey as HC as well but opted against it as he felt he could not sell the hire to the media or the KC fanbase.

This may turn out to be good, it may turn out to be ugly but his record speaks for itself. The make or break will likely be who he hires to work on his staff.
Im rootin for the dude.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Im rootin for the dude.

The Bills are cursed worse than any team ever and their legacy is losing 4 Superbowls in a row. It must really suck to be that fanbase.

They're like the anti-dynasty of the early 90's, it's hard not to root for them in the AFC East.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 22, 2010 at 21:31:28 ]
Im rootin for the dude.

The Bills are cursed worse than any team ever and their legacy is losing 4 Superbowls in a row. It must really suck to be that fanbase.

They're like the anti-dynasty of the early 90's, it's hard not to root for them in the AFC East.

i still can't believe that.... 4 superbowls ?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Im rootin for the dude.

i still can't believe that.... 4 superbowls ?

Somebody needs to tell that to NinerTalk
Wouldn't mind seeing the Bills rise to the top and knock off the Patriots but who knows when that will happen