There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboys Keith Brooking calls Vikings classLESS

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Even though it was classless, I enjoyed seeing it.

Yes I did also.
Bottom line: If your team is still calling timeouts in an attempt to get the ball back, then the whole playbook is still open. If you can't stop it with your defense, don't try to stop it by b***hing and moaning.
I would have preferred not to see that play called. However as long as there is still time on the clock and the losing team is still calling timeouts, then the entire playbook is open.

IMO a field goal would have been enough though.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
He's right. It was bullsh*t. They had the game, and could have been classy about it and kicked the FG instead of going for it.

It was a d*ck move, and told me a lot about Brad Childress, and even more about Favre.

What a couple of f*cksticks.

Sorry LB but this is one of the most ill formed opinions I have read lately. You play 100% from whistle to whistle. There is no room for perceived honor in a game where the whole point is to score points. I don't see you going off on the defense and it's coaches for continueing to prevent the Girls from scoring.

When your goal is to win it all, how exactly do you go to your guys and tell them "Let up and don't play 100%" even for a play, much less the last 1/4 of a game? Is Favre and the offense playing "perfect"? I am sure they would not think so and therefor you continue to improve. You don't improve by taking plays off to save the oppositions feelings.

I hate Favre with a passion, and he is the only player I have ever wished injury on, but Favre and the Vikings did nothing wrong. I mean were Steve Young and George Seifert classless for running up the score on SD in our last SB? Bet you didn't think so at the time huh? Yet what they did was MUCH worse then what Favre and Childress did to the girls, well kinda.....errrr no I guess thats a bad example, Seifert pulled Young early........but still.......

Plus it's the cowgirls, how can you feel sympathy at all lol?

Brooking is an effin sisssy and should be ashamed to look his son in the face....

[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 20, 2010 at 04:19:59 ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
If he doesn't want them to run up the score, then he and his team should play better defense.
Originally posted by thojess:
Bottom line: If your team is still calling timeouts in an attempt to get the ball back, then the whole playbook is still open. If you can't stop it with your defense, don't try to stop it by b***hing and moaning.

This.

It's one thing if you are up SO big that a comeback is impossible. It's another if it's just highly unlikely. The score wasn't THAT far apart and the Cowboys were still trying to score. If the Vikes had kicked a long FG earlier in the drive and/or had punted, it's not like the Cowboys would have just run out the clock.

They would have tried to score and would have pulled every trick play, onside kick and other tool at their disposal to do so.

So, why, if one team is still trying to score is it wrong for the other team to do the same?

Just because a player is pissed about losing doesn't mean that the other team should stop playing and give them ANY chance through a fluke kick return (or whatever) to get back in the game because they stopped playing and didn't score when they should have.

You don't like it? Intercept the ball and run it back for a TD. That's a chance the other team is taking as well. Make them pay for it on the field. Don't cry about it like little kid playing Pop Warner.
I agree with you 100 percent. A field goal would have been enough.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would have preferred not to see that play called. However as long as there is still time on the clock and the losing team is still calling timeouts, then the entire playbook is open.

IMO a field goal would have been enough though.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
He's right. It was bullsh*t. They had the game, and could have been classy about it and kicked the FG instead of going for it.

It was a d*ck move, and told me a lot about Brad Childress, and even more about Favre.

What a couple of f*cksticks.

Sorry LB but this is one of the most ill formed opinions I have read lately. You play 100% from whistle to whistle. There is no room for perceived honor in a game where the whole point is to score points. I don't see you going off on the defense and it's coaches for continueing to prevent the Girls from scoring.

When your goal is to win it all, how exactly do you go to your guys and tell them "Let up and don't play 100%" even for a play, much less the last 1/4 of a game? Is Favre and the offense playing "perfect"? I am sure they would not think so and therefor you continue to improve. You don't improve by taking plays off to save the oppositions feelings.

I hate Favre with a passion, and he is the only player I have ever wished injury on, but Favre and the Vikings did nothing wrong. I mean were Steve Young and George Seifert classless for running up the score on SD in our last SB? Bet you didn't think so at the time huh? Yet what they did was MUCH worse then what Favre and Childress did to the girls, well kinda.....errrr no I guess thats a bad example, Seifert pulled Young early........but still.......

Plus it's the cowgirls, how can you feel sympathy at all lol?

Brooking is an effin sisssy and should be ashamed to look his son in the face....

Bro...the game was completely out of reach. It was 4th down. They were inside the 20. They could have kicked a FG, but to pad Favre's stats, they went for a TD. With the FG instead of the TD, it still would have been 30-3...a historically insurmountable lead with that much time left.

The Super Bowl against the Chargers is a pretty bad example, amigo. The 49ers scored their last TD early in the 4th quarter after Natrone Means was stopped for a loss on 4th and 1 inside his own 35. Also, I should mention that the Niners didn't go for the TD on 4th down, having already won the game.

After that, the Niners began to coast, pulling their starters, and putting in Deion Sanders at WR (remember?). Their coasting ended up yielding a score, making the final 49-26.

The 49ers used to be one of the best teams in the league at running the "4 minute offense"...which was pulled out when a game was three scores out of reach to run time off the clock.

Favre is a douchebag (for skipping training camp, going to his first team's division arch-rivals, and in general being more indecisive than a 16 year old girl) and Childress is a douchebag...because he made an unprofessional call.

It's kind of ironic, too...considering that Brett whined like a little b*tch in 1996 when the Cowboys let their kicker attempt to tie an NFL record (with his 7th field goal in a game) with the game put away. It was petty, nothing more. F*ck Brett. I almost want him to make it to the SB so I can watch him lose it again.

This is not a defense of the Cowboys, or of Brooking...it is a very carefully thought out opinion. That is all.
The way I see it is this is Keith Brooking of the DALAS COWBOYS. The same team that had no problem running up the score on us numerous times and the same team that proclames them selfs "America's Team." I don't think they have any authority to call someone else classless.
Originally posted by thojess:

Yep. Not to mention, they still had their starters in. I have no problem with the Vikings scoring again. If it were to happen to the Niners I wouldnt like it, but mainly beacuse I would be pizzed at the Niners for sucking so bad.
yea, I dont get it. It's like a boxer in the 12th shutting down just because he knows he's ahead on the score cards.
Its funny that being classless never came to mind when they were blowing out the eagles in those last two games before having their butts handed to them by another classless team.
Here is the problem Mr Brooking. There is no general consensus on how to define when a game is over while there is any amount of time left on the clock. And just when there begins to be a consensus, some team comes from behind and blows that theory out of the water.

So, all this proves is that you THINK, if you were a HC in that same situation, you would consider your lead safe already. Well come talk to us again when you are actually in that situation. OR, you can be that dude who jumps around like a rabid dog spitting out barely comprehendable jibber jabber, and then proceed to call others classless.
Anything goes in the Play-offs. Should have brought your f*cken A-game, B*tch.