LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Revis vs wayne

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thuglife619:
This is a crazy matchup. Nobody in the league has the timing that Wayne and manning have. Who wins?

Batman win all.
Jets will win
Originally posted by King49er:
Jets will win

The Jets have had an impressive run, but they're about to play a team who knows how to win in the postseason, not the perennial choke artist Chargers. If Manning is on his game, and I think he will be, Revis will quickly fade into obscurity today along with the rest of the Jets defense.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ramanz16:
The Jets have had an impressive run, but they're about to play a team who knows how to win in the postseason, not the perennial choke artist Chargers. If Manning is on his game, and I think he will be, Revis will quickly fade into obscurity today along with the rest of the Jets defense.

While the Colts are obvious and deserved favorites don't under estimate what can happen in football. Heck for all we know the Jets could get a kickoff return for a TD, then someone like Addai fumbles the ball and before we know it the Jets are up 10-0 and can play to their strengths (Rush offense and Pass defense). I think you are underestimating the Jets defense and Revis. The dude is insane.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Should be an interesting matchup. I say Revis shuts down again.
Wayne scores one
well, they didn't shut down Garcon.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
well, they didn't shut down Garcon.

Or Collie for that matter.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Manning is going to pick the Jets defense apart.

I don't know about THAT. Haha how can you say that when they just shut up two real good offenses on the road? If Manning can be shut down by our defense, the chances of it happening against the Jets (who are here solely because of their defense) aren't that far-fetched.

Manning did have a good start to their game on week 16 only playing a half. He didn't have a TD but he had 192 yards passing.

thank you for proving my point

Manning had 347 yards against us. Manning can be "contained" even if he gets his yards. With as many attempts as he gets, he's gonna go for 300+. We found a way to do it, dont see why the Jets cant.

we shall see !

Like I said silly suckas !
[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Jan 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM ]

This is a crazy matchup. Nobody in the league has the timing that Wayne and manning have. Who wins?

Revis won the matchup but the Colts still win. Revis is the best CB in a long time...even better than Champ imo.
Originally posted by jones49:

Revis won the matchup but the Colts still win. Revis is the best CB in a long time...even better than Champ imo.

if you put asomugha on the jets he'll be just as good imo

Agreed

If you put Asomugha on the 49ers he'll be very good, move Nate Clements to Safety with Dashon Goldson & draft J. Haden. Remember when we had an awesome secondary with Ronnie Lott, Chet Brooks, Tim McKyer, Don Griffin, Eric Wright, etc. Damn, I really miss those days.
Share 49ersWebzone