LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Revis vs wayne

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Manning is going to pick the Jets defense apart.

I don't know about THAT. Haha how can you say that when they just shut up two real good offenses on the road? If Manning can be shut down by our defense, the chances of it happening against the Jets (who are here solely because of their defense) aren't that far-fetched.

Manning did have a good start to their game on week 16 only playing a half. He didn't have a TD but he had 192 yards passing.

thank you for proving my point

Manning had 347 yards against us. Manning can be "contained" even if he gets his yards. With as many attempts as he gets, he's gonna go for 300+. We found a way to do it, dont see why the Jets cant.

we shall see !
Originally posted by krizay:
While I think Revis is good. I think he benefits a great deal from the pressure the defensive scheme puts on the QB. Throwing the ball falling away and sooner than they want and what not. Much like Lito Shepherd and Sheldon Brown benefited from Jim Johnson's attack scheme in Philly before he passed.

Manning will have everything covered as far as putting people where they need to be to protect and what not.

With that said. I sure hope we become a blitzing team damn near every play. It seems like it works to me.

Definitely, no cornerback can be good when the quarterbac is given too much time.

The thing is, he capitalizes on those plays, being too physical in the air. How many Cb's would end up winning and intercepting a toss up with Vincent Jackson??? That was a lucky play to catch it off his foot, but the fact is he still had a hand in there to strip it and finished the play.

Another one that stood out to me was that crucialllllll third and 3 play, they run a little out and in (dont know the literal term) to Naane, and he read it and reacted to bat the ball down. Most Db's dont make that quick of a play.
I havn't watched him until today really, and he seriously impressed me.

Check out his highlights. They will make u
Originally posted by Thizz415:

I don't know about THAT. Haha how can you say that when they just shut up two real good offenses on the road? If Manning can be shut down by our defense, the chances of it happening against the Jets (who are here solely because of their defense) aren't that far-fetched.

Manning did have a good start to their game on week 16 only playing a half. He didn't have a TD but he had 192 yards passing.

thank you for proving my point

Manning had 347 yards against us. Manning can be "contained" even if he gets his yards. With as many attempts as he gets, he's gonna go for 300+. We found a way to do it, dont see why the Jets cant.

Our D planned and played well enough to beat the Colts. But we let it slip away. think the Jets are capable of closing the deal.
Originally posted by GameOver:

That was the spookiest thing I've ever seen

Random statistic: During the regular season, Manning was sacked a total of 10 times. 3 sacks came from the Niners.
Colts are gonna smash the Jets. Slap back to reality, coming right up.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Colts are gonna smash the Jets. Slap back to reality, coming right up.

you're probably right.. you never know though
I hope the Colts murder the Jets, I f**king hate the Jets. Maybe I should just stop reading other forums but Jets fans are cocky ass f**ks and I hate Ryan.

I do hope the Saints end up beating the Colts in the SB, I don't want Manning to get another ring.

just caught that!!!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

just caught that!!!

He wasn't "shut down" by our defense, Manning was just inaccurate on some of those throws he usually always makes..some of his guys were wide open and missed them plenty of times.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

just caught that!!!

He wasn't "shut down" by our defense, Manning was just inaccurate on some of those throws he usually always makes..some of his guys were wide open and missed them plenty of times.

I say Jets have a good chance to win this game. Jets are a power running team and the Colts D is based on a power attacking pass game. Jets will only pass 15 times if even that. plus Sanchez is sure looking like a nice pick up.
wayne will have the better day, he has manning throwing to him..

c. johnson couldnt do s**t because carson palmer flat out sucks

v. jackson just isnt that speedy to separate from revis, though he did have a good day

just caught that!!!

I say Jets have a good chance to win this game. Jets are a power running team and the Colts D is based on a power attacking pass game. Jets will only pass 15 times if even that. plus Sanchez is sure looking like a nice pick up.

the colts will win because they basically just defeated another jets team 20-3 last sunday. the jets dont have enough offense

just caught that!!!

The Jets wont have enough offense to keep up to the Colts, even if it's a low scoring game the Colts will find a way to win. Remember even if Revis shuts down Wayne, Manning still has Clark, Collie, Garcon, Addai...so many weapons.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

just caught that!!!

the colts will win because they basically just defeated another jets team 20-3 last sunday. the jets dont have enough offense

that's what every expert said about the chargers spanking the Jets. It's true they don't have the offense to keep up, but their D is what's gonna keep them in the game.
Share 49ersWebzone