There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Revis vs wayne

This is a crazy matchup. Nobody in the league has the timing that Wayne and manning have. Who wins?
Originally posted by thuglife619:
This is a crazy matchup. Nobody in the league has the timing that Wayne and manning have. Who wins?

I give it to Revis, but Clark, Garcon, and Collie will tear up the other CBs and Safeties.

The Jets haven't faced the REAL Colts...hehe
Manning isn't dumb enough to go after Revis too much. As the poster above said, he will kill the Jets with Garcon, Collie and Clark.
dammit donald
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Manning > Any
Manning is going to pick the Jets defense apart.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

I don't know about THAT. Haha how can you say that when they just shut up two real good offenses on the road? If Manning can be shut down by our defense, the chances of it happening against the Jets (who are here solely because of their defense) aren't that far-fetched.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 17, 2010 at 20:07:48 ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
dammit donald

God dammit donald......LOL.....Classic
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

I don't know about THAT. Haha how can you say that when they just shut up two real good offenses on the road? If Manning can be shut down by our defense, the chances of it happening against the Jets (who are here solely because of their defense) aren't that far-fetched.

That was the spookiest thing I've ever seen

Manning did have a good start to their game on week 16 only playing a half. He didn't have a TD but he had 192 yards passing.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
While I think Revis is good. I think he benefits a great deal from the pressure the defensive scheme puts on the QB. Throwing the ball falling away and sooner than they want and what not. Much like Lito Shepherd and Sheldon Brown benefited from Jim Johnson's attack scheme in Philly before he passed.

Manning will have everything covered as far as putting people where they need to be to protect and what not.

With that said. I sure hope we become a blitzing team damn near every play. It seems like it works to me.
Originally posted by krizay:
While I think Revis is good. I think he benefits a great deal from the pressure the defensive scheme puts on the QB. Throwing the ball falling away and sooner than they want and what not. Much like Lito Shepherd and Sheldon Brown benefited from Jim Johnson's attack scheme in Philly before he passed.

Manning will have everything covered as far as putting people where they need to be to protect and what not.

With that said. I sure hope we become a blitzing team damn near every play. It seems like it works to me.

Definitely, no cornerback can be good when the quarterbac is given too much time.

The thing is, he capitalizes on those plays, being too physical in the air. How many Cb's would end up winning and intercepting a toss up with Vincent Jackson??? That was a lucky play to catch it off his foot, but the fact is he still had a hand in there to strip it and finished the play.

Another one that stood out to me was that crucialllllll third and 3 play, they run a little out and in (dont know the literal term) to Naane, and he read it and reacted to bat the ball down. Most Db's dont make that quick of a play.
I havn't watched him until today really, and he seriously impressed me.

[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 17, 2010 at 20:31:23 ]
Originally posted by Thizz415:

Manning did have a good start to their game on week 16 only playing a half. He didn't have a TD but he had 192 yards passing.

thank you for proving my point

Manning had 347 yards against us. Manning can be "contained" even if he gets his yards. With as many attempts as he gets, he's gonna go for 300+. We found a way to do it, dont see why the Jets cant.
The jets. Ha I bet Manning and CO are licking there chops after sitting and watching there team get beat and losing a chance at history. I call blow out