There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So does Norv get the call to return as our OC?

Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
i'll bet money he doesn't come back we couldn't even get a top ST guy let alone an OC...

Though the 'zone loves the 49ers, they are not the most attractive franchise right now. The fact that Raye was the third choice last year as OC, and Bobby April picked the Eagles over the 49ers, should tell everyone this franchise is nothing close to the paradise it was 15 years ago.

It will take a serious playoff run before any truly good, experienced position coaches will want to come here.

Raye is fair, April is NOT. It's been explained over and over why April to SF was a long-shot to begin with.

Rivera would be an interesting choice to replace Turner, if he gets canned.

It'd be interesting to know what Raye's salary is compared to a top tier candidate....maybe the Yorks just don't want to pay anyone? I'm not saying we need to act like the Yankees or anything but...
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
i'll bet money he doesn't come back we couldn't even get a top ST guy let alone an OC...

Though the 'zone loves the 49ers, they are not the most attractive franchise right now. The fact that Raye was the third choice last year as OC, and Bobby April picked the Eagles over the 49ers, should tell everyone this franchise is nothing close to the paradise it was 15 years ago.

It will take a serious playoff run before any truly good, experienced position coaches will want to come here.

Raye is fair, April is NOT. It's been explained over and over why April to SF was a long-shot to begin with.

Rivera would be an interesting choice to replace Turner, if he gets canned.

Bill Cowher would be intriguing as well and I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking over a team that has a proven QB who is only 28.

If I am Alex and Dean Spanos I make the call to Coach Chin today to gauge his interest if the job were to suddenly open up.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Yes, lets bring him back so he can stay for 1 year then leave again.....

Do you honestly believe he could get another shot at being a HC if SD fired him ?

I don't want to take that chance
  • Paul
  • Veteran
so Marty goes 14-2 and then one & done, but loses his job...Norv goes 13-3 one and done and they keep him? I'd like to see him get fired because he shouldn't have even had that job in the first place (he's just too soft and AJ Smith can walk all over him probably). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers dump him and for Jerry Jones to dump Wade and have Norv take over
Their kicker misses THREE FG's and it's Norv's fault?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I do blame him for the lack of effort on the teams part in general
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Kaeding had been amazing in the regular season. Over 91% on his FG attempts. It was just a bad day at the office for him.

Kaeding had been amazing in the regular season. Over 91% on his FG attempts. It was just a bad day at the office for him.

Yeah. it was pretty surprising.

Um...duh!

Actually it's Nolan's fault. Somehow.

• BigRon
  • Veteran

Actually it's Nolan's fault. Somehow.

It is Norv's fault for getting them into the playoffs in the first place.

Do you honestly believe he could get another shot at being a HC if SD fired him ?

I honestly think that the Bills are desperate..

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

I honestly think that the Bills are desperate..

-9fA

I think Jason Garrett, Darrell Bevell & Russ Grimm have better shots at that job than Norv does. Their preference is an offensive coach but Leslie Frazier will likely be the fallback option.
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
so Marty goes 14-2 and then one & done, but loses his job...Norv goes 13-3 one and done and they keep him? I'd like to see him get fired because he shouldn't have even had that job in the first place (he's just too soft and AJ Smith can walk all over him probably). I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers dump him and for Jerry Jones to dump Wade and have Norv take over

Marty was fired because of the rift between him and the GM Smith.

IIRC, Marty wanted to bring his brother, Kurt, in as a defensive coordinator and Smith told Marty no. This was only one of the many "situations" between Marty and Smith.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Chargers announce extension for Norv Turner