There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So does Norv get the call to return as our OC?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Well statistically Smiths best "season" came under the one and only Jimmy Raye. 18 tds in 10 starts isn't bad for a so called first round bust after 2 shoulder surgeries.

True. But I think he looked the most confident with Norv's system and playcalling.

He looked more comfortable cause Gore was insane that year and we actually had an NFL quality O-Line.

It sure helped having a healthy Larry Allen and Jonas Jennings on the left side. I think Gore ran it 90% to that side that year.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
i'll bet money he doesn't come back we couldn't even get a top ST guy let alone an OC...

Though the 'zone loves the 49ers, they are not the most attractive franchise right now. The fact that Raye was the third choice last year as OC, and Bobby April picked the Eagles over the 49ers, should tell everyone this franchise is nothing close to the paradise it was 15 years ago.

It will take a serious playoff run before any truly good, experienced position coaches will want to come here.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
i'll bet money he doesn't come back we couldn't even get a top ST guy let alone an OC...

Though the 'zone loves the 49ers, they are not the most attractive franchise right now. The fact that Raye was the third choice last year as OC, and Bobby April picked the Eagles over the 49ers, should tell everyone this franchise is nothing close to the paradise it was 15 years ago.

It will take a serious playoff run before any truly good, experienced position coaches will want to come here.

Raye is fair, April is NOT. It's been explained over and over why April to SF was a long-shot to begin with.

Rivera would be an interesting choice to replace Turner, if he gets canned.
So wait is anyone even saying Norv may get canned or is it just speculation???
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Well statistically Smiths best "season" came under the one and only Jimmy Raye. 18 tds in 10 starts isn't bad for a so called first round bust after 2 shoulder surgeries.

True. But I think he looked the most confident with Norv's system and playcalling.

He looked more comfortable cause Gore was insane that year and we actually had an NFL quality O-Line.

It sure helped having a healthy Larry Allen and Jonas Jennings on the left side. I think Gore ran it 90% to that side that year.

I dont know what you guys are talking about, Smith looked the most comfortable this year. in 06 he was just as skiddish and uncomfortable looking as 07 and 08(preseason)
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So wait is anyone even saying Norv may get canned or is it just speculation???

speculation. Who'd they replace him with though? That offense is built on Turner's system, and removing him may f**k Rivers up.
yes, I'd love for him to come back and then leave again
Do you honestly think Singletary is going to get rid of his best bud, sleepy raye? Ask yourself that first.
Norv left. F**k him!
He's staying in S.D.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's staying in S.D.

Yeah and if he didn't I'm sure the Bills would want him as HC.
Yes, lets bring him back so he can stay for 1 year then leave again.....
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Yes, lets bring him back so he can stay for 1 year then leave again.....

Do you honestly believe he could get another shot at being a HC if SD fired him ?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Norv left. F**k him!

Can you blame him ? Stay on as an OC in SF (a team rebuilding) or take a HC'ing job on a team that had a roster loaded with talent and that was coming off a 14-2 season ? FWIW the HC position paid more than the OC one you had.

Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I want Norv back but I think Jimmy Raye should stay on the coaching staff.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home