There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So does Norv get the call to return as our OC?

Will Sing give Norvell a call to resume his duties as the 49er OC after further proving he is nota good head coach? Also it wont be a new OC just a return to the guy who Smith had his best success with. Just a thought.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 17, 2010 at 17:06:02 ]
Guh
Norv should be fired. IF the Chargers fired Marty then I have no idea why Norv is still coaching.
Norv Turner is well known for NOT being able to win the big ones! This loss could be the one that gets him booted from San Diego. I still think that if that happens, 49er's should try and get him for their O.C.

He would be good for Alex Smith as well as any other QB they make take in the upcoming draft.

However since the Cowpokes lost today as well, I wouldn't put it pass Jerry Jones to try and get him as their HC. Not a bright move, but who knows what goes in the mind of a Jerry Jones?

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Jan 17, 2010 at 17:09:51 ]
How about Norv gets fired first before we start this thread.....

-9fA
Well statistically Smiths best "season" came under the one and only Jimmy Raye. 18 tds in 10 starts isn't bad for a so called first round bust after 2 shoulder surgeries.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Norv Turner is well known for NOT being able to win the big ones! This loss could be the one that gets him booted from San Diego. I still think that if that happens, 49er's should try and get him for their O.C.

He would be good for Alex Smith as well as any other QB they make take in the upcoming draft.

NO! Norv is a well known LOSER! WTF was he thinking about going for the onside kick? Plus, he abandoned us so i refuse to take him back!
BRING HIM BAAAAAACK! Sorry Raye, it's the same system just a way better play caller. Get NORV.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Well statistically Smiths best "season" came under the one and only Jimmy Raye. 18 tds in 10 starts isn't bad for a so called first round bust after 2 shoulder surgeries.

True. But I think he looked the most confident with Norv's system and playcalling.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 17, 2010 at 17:14:19 ]
norv turners contract is over this year, he cant get fired. they wont resign him ahahahaha

edit nevermind its over this upcoming season haha

[ Edited by schmons on Jan 17, 2010 at 17:14:39 ]
Why bring back Norv Turner when you have the mastermind of an OC we have right now? Coming out absolutely unprepared on offense is something we need continuity of.
I say bring Norv back; Singletary trust Norv. Both Jimmy Raye and Mike Johnson were both recommendations from Norv, plus we’re already running Norv’s offense. Who better to run Norv’s offense than Norv Turner?
I want Norv back but I think Jimmy Raye should stay on the coaching staff.
i'll bet money he doesn't come back we couldn't even get a top ST guy let alone an OC...
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

True. But I think he looked the most confident with Norv's system and playcalling.

He looked more comfortable cause Gore was insane that year and we actually had an NFL quality O-Line.