LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Bears DE Gaines Adams Has Passed Away...

Shop 49ers game tickets
daaamn only 26? RIP
the good die hard. RIP
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
RIP Gaines.

News like this frightens the hell out of me.

1. A person could be a lazy "couch potato" and develop heart disease.
2. A person could be an athlete and develop an abnormal rhythmic heart.

What's the fine line between the two?

FYI, Gaines Adams is the second former Buc DE with an abnormal heart. Former DE Simeon Rice has an abnormal heart beat.

Ya, really makes you think. If a guy likes Gaines, who I assume was an athlete that knew his body and took great care of it (or maybe he didn't) can die suddenly it makes you wonder what can happen to normal people like us who may not take as good of care of ourselves.

Here one second, gone another. You never know.

it could be a steroid issue it makes muscles bigger and the heart is a muscle,not that i am accusing him, I am just sgtating a possibility

Performance enhancing drugs could be a cause. However, the 'roids didn't seem to help so much. Adams only had 13.5 career sacks.

My guess would be this was purely genetics. A recessive gene that became active in Gaines Adams.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
RIP!

Way to young to die.
RIP Gaines. Condolences to his fam.
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
RIP Gaines.

News like this frightens the hell out of me.

1. A person could be a lazy "couch potato" and develop heart disease.
2. A person could be an athlete and develop an abnormal rhythmic heart.

What's the fine line between the two?

FYI, Gaines Adams is the second former Buc DE with an abnormal heart. Former DE Simeon Rice has an abnormal heart beat.

Ya, really makes you think. If a guy likes Gaines, who I assume was an athlete that knew his body and took great care of it (or maybe he didn't) can die suddenly it makes you wonder what can happen to normal people like us who may not take as good of care of ourselves.

Here one second, gone another. You never know.

it could be a steroid issue it makes muscles bigger and the heart is a muscle,not that i am accusing him, I am just sgtating a possibility

Performance enhancing drugs could be a cause. However, the 'roids didn't seem to help so much. Adams only had 13.5 career sacks.

My guess would be this was purely genetics. A recessive gene that became active in Gaines Adams.

I also remember reading that blacks are more likely to suffer from heart conditions than whites.

Don't know if that's true.
Wow.
We've lost too many high profile young men & women lately to "natural causes".

RIP Gaines
Wow..Only 26! Enlarged heart R.I.P
RIP warrior

• Ether
  • Veteran
Is an enlarged heart the a trait that is eventually developed or do you start with one from the get go?

If its the latter, how did they let him through the Combine and into the NFL with this, playing a physical and demanding sport such as Football?
R.I.P....energy can never be destroyd...only transferred....you will be missed but never forgotten!!!!!!
26? omg RIP
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
Adam Shefter: Worst news possible: Sadly, tradically, Bears DE Gaines Adams has passed away!
ESPN: Bears DE Gaines Adams Dies at 26!

Wasnt he a buc? never mind it helps to read... haha
Rip!!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 17, 2010 at 21:49:13 ]
My aunt has the same problem..........
Share 49ersWebzone