There are 184 users in the forums

Rex Ryan at it again

Shop 49ers game tickets
What a loud mouth fat ass.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:19:10 ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Rex has way too many chins for his own good

Maybe a case for best CB of the year with his 37 pdef which is impressive but Woodson dominated all other areas

20 more tackles than Revis
2 sacks to Revis 0
4 FF 1 rec to Revis 0/0
9 picks 3 TD to Revis 6/1

domination

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Maybe a case for best CB of the year with his 37 pdef which is impressive but Woodson dominated all other areas

2 sacks to Revis 0
4 FF 1 rec to Revis 0/0

domination

That's why Woodson deserved it more IMO

Woodson helped out the WHOLE D, Revis just locked down ONE WR..don't get me wrong I'd still love to have him but Woodson just had a bigger effect on the D.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
C.Woodson was more dominant this year than Deion in his prime.

Ryan is a douchebag.

???Wha??? Did you ever watch Deion? Not a tackler, but the best cover corner ever, IMO...and his ball skills were sick
I am kind of glad there are people like Ryan in the NFL. I used to not care about the Jets, but now I have another team that I like to root against. It gives me a reason to watch!

Ryan is a douchebag.

Darrell Revis was more dominant this year than any cornerback EVER!

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:30:10 ]
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Thats just because he hasnt played Crabtree yet, after he plays Crabtree you can take SF off that coverage area
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

2 sacks to Revis 0
4 FF 1 rec to Revis 0/0

domination

That's why Woodson deserved it more IMO

Woodson helped out the WHOLE D, Revis just locked down ONE WR..don't get me wrong I'd still love to have him but Woodson just had a bigger effect on the D.

Oh, so you don't think an elite shutdown corner like Revis doesn't help the rest of the defense? A guy who can play off on an island by himself gives a defense so many more options in terms of bringing pressure to the QB - they don't have to worry about Revis getting beat one on one.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Woodson deserved it even more because he demonstrated the ability to play multiple positions at a dominate level.

Chris Johnson won the OPOY award not because of his running ability, but his receiving ability as well.

Revis a pro-bowl player, but Woodson earned the award this year.

Rex Ryan should at least have some class when talking about the issue. A simple "Congrats to Woodson, but I do think that Revis deserves it. Hopefully, Revis will end up with a super bowl ring this year to offset the snub".

Simple as that, and yet, he chose to be a giant douchebag. f**k Ryan, and f**k the Jets.

No he won because he had the more "sexier stats". INTs, TDs, Sacks, Tackles. If people watched both play extensively, it'd be Revis and it wouldn't be close. Look at the competition Revis shut down.

Why do you think that guys like Jared Allen and Darren Sharper get consideration for DPOY and not Willis. Because sacks and INTs are sexy stats. People are too lazy nowadays to look at the nitty gritty.

Should playmaking ability not be taken into account? I think that's a huge criteria for the award.

Revis had a great year, but you can't take anything away from Woodson.

• Chief
  • Veteran
I don't understand why people b***h about Rex being honest to his feelings?

Let the guy say what he wants, who cares?

Is he crying about it or are you crying about what he said?

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Ryan is a douchebag.

Darrell Revis was more dominant this year than any cornerback EVER!

Nnamdi last year was more dominant. Over the last 2 years i think Nnamdi has only allowed about 32 or so catches. Im definitely impressed also because these CB's are doing it in an era that heavily favors the passing game with all the rules.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
If that were Singletary talking about Willis it would be called passion. No big deal to me. A coach fighting for his guy to win an award isn't a major shock, or anything out of the ordinary. .

+1

The guy is a rookie HC who's won a playoff game with a rookie QB. He's much further ahead of our Rookie HC.
Originally posted by lamontb:
If that were Singletary talking about Willis it would be called passion. No big deal to me. A coach fighting for his guy to win an award isn't a major shock, or anything out of the ordinary. .

Rex Ryan Is what I envisioned Singletary would be. Sadly he isnt!

Ryans players get up and play for him! More so than our players do for Sing. Rex sticks his neck out their and puts it on his players to come through for him. Sing just isnt what I thought he would be in that aspect!
I actually agree with Ryan....Revis faced much stiffer competition and shut them down....Woodson put up the numbers so he was also deserving but that's because QB's would hardly throw Revis's way.

Kudos to Ryan for being a human being and speaking his mind....instead of the typical coach bulls**t....like Sing:"Were going to move forward"....I got sick of hearing that s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone