LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Rex Ryan at it again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quote:
New York Jets coach Rex Ryan doesn't have a vote for defensive player of the year, but if he did he cornerback Darrelle Revis would have had one more vote than he did.

Ryan stopped short of calling Woodson's selection as a travesty, but he made it clear he thought the panel of 50 sportswriters and broadcasters picked the wrong guy. He said Revis, his star cornerback, did as much for his team as any player in the league.

He was reportedly swearing when he reported the news to Revis that Woodson had 28 votes to his 14.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," Ryan said Tuesday, "but I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat.

"A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season. And the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis.

"There's plenty of things to look at. We had the No. 1 defense in the National Football League, by 35 yards a game. We were No. 1 in scoring ... basically 187 points is all the defense gave up all season. That might be a consideration for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

"And it really was for the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. I tip my hat to them because they really know the game. That's all I'm going to say about it."

For his part, Revis said he was OK with the choice of Woodson.

"That's good for him," Revis said. "I actually voted for him. It (winning that award) wasn't on my list of goals. You just try to play the best you can. Just like (Ryan) said, the guys who know real football, they know the type of season I had."

Darrelle Revis, isn't even mad at all.

Here's his interview

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/01/post_19.html

What a f**king baby
If that were Singletary talking about Willis it would be called passion. No big deal to me. A coach fighting for his guy to win an award isn't a major shock, or anything out of the ordinary. .
Singletary wouldn't be b***hing to the media about Willis not winning an award

Whether or not Revis deserved it, a head coach should not talk about it, much less cry about it.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 13, 2010 at 09:47:10 ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
More evidence that Rex Ryan is a big turd.
C.Woodson was more dominant this year than Deion in his prime.

Ryan is a douchebag.
woodson didnt deserve it

not after the zona game
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
C.Woodson was more dominant this year than Deion in his prime.

Ryan is a douchebag.

Wow, this statement was completely wrong.

I watched Revis most of this season, seeing as I live 10 minutes from Giants stadium. I didn't see anybody dominate the secondary more than Revis has in a long time. Maybe since the days of Deion's prime.

Woodson won DPOY based on numbers like tackles and interceptions. If you use your logic, these stats mean that Woodson was thrown at more. From watching both play, Revis is the more dominant defensive player, plain and simple.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Woodson deserved it even more because he demonstrated the ability to play multiple positions at a dominate level.

Chris Johnson won the OPOY award not because of his running ability, but his receiving ability as well.

Revis a pro-bowl player, but Woodson earned the award this year.

Rex Ryan should at least have some class when talking about the issue. A simple "Congrats to Woodson, but I do think that Revis deserves it. Hopefully, Revis will end up with a super bowl ring this year to offset the snub".

Simple as that, and yet, he chose to be a giant douchebag. f**k Ryan, and f**k the Jets.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Woodson deserved it even more because he demonstrated the ability to play multiple positions at a dominate level.

Chris Johnson won the OPOY award not because of his running ability, but his receiving ability as well.

Rex Ryan should at least have some class when talking about the issue. A simple "Congrats to Woodson, but I do think that Revis deserves it. Hopefully, Revis will end up with a super bowl ring this year to offset the snub".

Simple as that, and yet, he chose to be a giant douchebag. f**k Ryan, and f**k the Jets.

Exactly. Instead he's b***hing like a little ass kid
Originally posted by luv49rs:
More evidence that Rex Ryan is a big hungry turkey-necked turd.

This.

Rex Ryan is one of the few people about which I can say this without being a hypocrite...

That fat motherf**ker. What a dumbass.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
More evidence that Rex Ryan is a big hungry turkey-necked turd.

This.

No he won because he had the more "sexier stats". INTs, TDs, Sacks, Tackles. If people watched both play extensively, it'd be Revis and it wouldn't be close. Look at the competition Revis shut down.

Why do you think that guys like Jared Allen and Darren Sharper get consideration for DPOY and not Willis. Because sacks and INTs are sexy stats. People are too lazy nowadays to look at the nitty gritty.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:

No he won because he had the more "sexier stats". INTs, TDs, Sacks, Tackles. If people watched both play extensively, it'd be Revis and it wouldn't be close. Look at the competition Revis shut down.

Why do you think that guys like Jared Allen and Darren Sharper get consideration for DPOY and not Willis. Because sacks and INTs are sexy stats. People are too lazy nowadays to look at the nitty gritty.

I have watched both play extensively, and I stand by my statement.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Singletary wouldn't be b***hing to the media about Willis not winning an award

Whether or not Revis deserved it, a head coach should not talk about it, much less cry about it.

why shouldn't a coach comment on one of his players getting shafted for an award if that's how they feel? I agree about the crying part but to you it's crying to jets fans it's passion. it's all about your point of view. i think he's just playing the no respect role to get his players to feel that underdog mentality.
Share 49ersWebzone