There are 210 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Zampese emerges as Bears offensive coordinator candidate

From PFT-

Zampese emerges as Bears offensive coordinator candidate
Posted by Mike Florio on January 12, 2010 10:59 PM ET
With Jeremy Bates opting to follow his boss to Seattle and Tom Clements not being allowed to sit for the job, the Bears are down to Plan C.

Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears have sought and received permission to interview Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese for the position of offensive coordinator.

Zampese, 42, has spent seven seasons with the Bengals. He worked on the same Rams staff with Bears coach Lovie Smith, under head coach Mike Martz.

Martz, meanwhile, has yet to get a sniff for the job. The fact that Martz reportedly recommended Zampese to Smith suggests that Martz has been told that he's not getting the job, regardless of how many times the Bears swing and miss while trying to fill it.
Why aren't they seeking position for Jimmy Raye

and why the f(ck is Jimmy Raye our OC
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Why aren't they seeking position for Jimmy Raye

and why the f(ck is Jimmy Raye our OC

True
I remember guys here wanted him to be our OC
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

Nolan wanted to snag him when Turner left, but since it happened late in the offseason, the Bengals declined at the request.
That's who we should have hired when Norv left. Good job McCloughan.

I have wanted him as our OC since McCarthy.
Our next OC is currently with the team.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

uhh did you see the post above you??

Nolan wanted to snag him when Turner left, but since it happened late in the offseason, the Bengals declined at the request.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

the dicki who posted that explanation doesn't know what he's talking about - like he's some nerd or geek or something.
Originally posted by GEEK:

the dicki who posted that explanation doesn't know what he's talking about - like he's some nerd or geek or something.

seems that way. I believe he would've been the favorite to get the job had not Norv Turner left so late in the off-season.

I did see the post above. Never ever have I read that Nolan wanted Zampese. FANS wanted Zampese, but never once have I heard of Nolan wanting Zampese. Maybe if he provided a link, I'd believe it.
Zampese? Fo sheezee?
i'm in a bad mood

wooooooosssahhhhhhhh

[ Edited by teeohh on Jan 13, 2010 at 17:25:33 ]

I did see the post above. Never ever have I read that Nolan wanted Zampese. FANS wanted Zampese, but never once have I heard of Nolan wanting Zampese. Maybe if he provided a link, I'd believe it.

you have 3 f**king people telling you he asked for Zampese and you want a f**king link

jesus f**king christ

google that s**t son

lmao pretty much