There are 255 users in the forums

Did you see Pete Carrolls press conference!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks

lol comments like this make me wonder if you even realize aside from his stint with the jets, he has been a successful NFL head coach....

and even more so if some realize he was a very successful coordinator for the 49er's in the mid 90s..

I wouldn't quite say "successful". Aside from the Jets, he coached the Patriots and wasn't exactly "successful". If anything he was pretty average as a head coach in the NFL. Now as a coordinator, the successful label can be applied.

Well in 3 years with the Pats they had 2 trips to the playoffs, and his records with the Pats were; 10-6, 9-7, 8-8.

exactly...

when is the last time we had a coach who had a winning record with our franchise and led us to the playoffs more often than not? he definitely has better NFL credentials than the last 3 coaches we've had here..not to say i dont approve of Singletary and where the team is going under him...but a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about in bashing the ability of Carroll to coach...im not even a fan of the guy, but i would also prefer stray away from ignorance.

Notice how they got worse year after year. He inherited a team that just went to the Super Bowl and in a span of 3 years made them mediocre.
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks

lol comments like this make me wonder if you even realize aside from his stint with the jets, he has been a successful NFL head coach....

and even more so if some realize he was a very successful coordinator for the 49er's in the mid 90s..

I wouldn't quite say "successful". Aside from the Jets, he coached the Patriots and wasn't exactly "successful". If anything he was pretty average as a head coach in the NFL. Now as a coordinator, the successful label can be applied.

Well in 3 years with the Pats they had 2 trips to the playoffs, and his records with the Pats were; 10-6, 9-7, 8-8.

exactly...

when is the last time we had a coach who had a winning record with our franchise and led us to the playoffs more often than not? he definitely has better NFL credentials than the last 3 coaches we've had here..not to say i dont approve of Singletary and where the team is going under him...but a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about in bashing the ability of Carroll to coach...im not even a fan of the guy, but i would also prefer stray away from ignorance.

POTD

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jan 12, 2010 at 21:27:50 ]
Originally posted by niners94:

exactly...

Notice how they got worse year after year. He inherited a team that just went to the Super Bowl and in a span of 3 years made them mediocre.

and Mooch inherited an even more complete team who was a couple years removed from a superbowl championship, and over his first 3 years digressed as well and barely performed better in the playoffs...and actually only won 2 more games in his first 3 years than Carroll did with the Pats....yet how many fans here wish we never would have let Mooch go...

get over it, the Hawks got a coach whom there is MUCH more promising evidence than not, and those of you who are hating are just pulling this crap out of no where...

I'll trust you Brother. I dont know what to think about this change
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
I personally like pete but when I watched his news conference boy did I thank GOD for coach singletary! If you watched the whole press conference this guy was prancing around like he had to much coffee. He was giggling and talking like he was on a college campus some where! Wait, it just came to me isn't it strange how coach weiss came out and said that pete carroll was living with a college student and now all of a sudden pete carroll want to coach the sea chickens? Fellas it is something strange going on here. But i heard a preacher say before it will all come out in the fire. Well the heat is being turned up 99 degress. Boy I am glad we have a man with a presence as our head coach! Who can get the most out of our boys. Let's just get him some talent on this team!

You would be giggling and prancing around too if you just found a sucker to pay you $7 Million per season to coach in the NFL despite no proven winning record of any substantial magnitude in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
I personally like pete but when I watched his news conference boy did I thank GOD for coach singletary! If you watched the whole press conference this guy was prancing around like he had to much coffee. He was giggling and talking like he was on a college campus some where! Wait, it just came to me isn't it strange how coach weiss came out and said that pete carroll was living with a college student and now all of a sudden pete carroll want to coach the sea chickens? Fellas it is something strange going on here. But i heard a preacher say before it will all come out in the fire. Well the heat is being turned up 99 degress. Boy I am glad we have a man with a presence as our head coach! Who can get the most out of our boys. Let's just get him some talent on this team!

You would be giggling and prancing around too if you just found a sucker to pay you $7 Million per season to coach in the NFL despite no proven winning record of any substantial magnitude in the NFL.

i definetly would. Id be like "i just screwed Microsoft...er...the seahawsks...out of $35M!!!"
Share 49ersWebzone