LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

Did you see Pete Carrolls press conference!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks

lol comments like this make me wonder if you even realize aside from his stint with the jets, he has been a successful NFL head coach....

and even more so if some realize he was a very successful coordinator for the 49er's in the mid 90s..

I wouldn't quite say "successful". Aside from the Jets, he coached the Patriots and wasn't exactly "successful". If anything he was pretty average as a head coach in the NFL. Now as a coordinator, the successful label can be applied.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by samoan49er:
carroll is so gonna find out that coaching grown ass rich men comparing to 19-22 college students is way different. im not worried 1 bit about the hawks

lol comments like this make me wonder if you even realize aside from his stint with the jets, he has been a successful NFL head coach....

and even more so if some realize he was a very successful coordinator for the 49er's in the mid 90s..

I wouldn't quite say "successful". Aside from the Jets, he coached the Patriots and wasn't exactly "successful". If anything he was pretty average as a head coach in the NFL. Now as a coordinator, the successful label can be applied.

Well in 3 years with the Pats they had 2 trips to the playoffs, and his records with the Pats were; 10-6, 9-7, 8-8.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Well in 3 years with the Pats they had 2 trips to the playoffs, and his records with the Pats were; 10-6, 9-7, 8-8.

exactly...

when is the last time we had a coach who had a winning record with our franchise and led us to the playoffs more often than not? he definitely has better NFL credentials than the last 3 coaches we've had here..not to say i dont approve of Singletary and where the team is going under him...but a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about in bashing the ability of Carroll to coach...im not even a fan of the guy, but i would also prefer stray away from ignorance.
He got his ass kicked when he was favored by 40 points. That's all I can think about when I look at his face.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

exactly...

when is the last time we had a coach who had a winning record with our franchise and led us to the playoffs more often than not? he definitely has better NFL credentials than the last 3 coaches we've had here..not to say i dont approve of Singletary and where the team is going under him...but a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about in bashing the ability of Carroll to coach...im not even a fan of the guy, but i would also prefer stray away from ignorance.

I think you have a point in that he's shown the ability to successfully coach in the NFL.

Coaching an NFL team and rebuilding a team are two different things. Mike Tomlin showed that he could win the super bowl with Bill Cowher's team, but he hasn't shown anything when it comes to putting his stamp on the team.

It'll be interesting to see what acquisitions and draft choices he makes during the offseason. With the coaching staff he's getting together, he's going to be in a good position to make a difference in a year or two.
Sanchez was the last thing this guy had whilst riding a 'Pac-10' high, and he flapped off of a sinking ship... AND ONTO ANOTHER ONE!!!

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 12, 2010 at 17:08:09 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sanchez was the only reason this guy was on a 'Pac-10' high within the past couple of years, and he flapped off of a sinking ship... AND ONTO ANOTHER ONE!!!

uhh Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert, John David Booty. Sanchez wasn't the only reason.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Sanchez was the only reason this guy was on a 'Pac-10' high within the past couple of years, and he flapped off of a sinking ship... AND ONTO ANOTHER ONE!!!

uhh Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert, John David Booty. Sanchez wasn't the only reason.

I meant to say he was the final reason, TYPO!!! _> Hahahahaha.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for 49AllTheTime.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

I meant to say he was the final reason, TYPO!!! _> Hahahahaha.

So barkley made him Jump?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, Nick Saban... and once again, Pete Carroll.

Bobby Petrino

Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Bobby Petrino

again all of these are coaches that got their roots from college and jumped to the NFL...

Pete Carroll was a longtime NFL coach who went to college, and is now simply returning to the NFL..

exactly...

I agree. A lot of people are rejoicing that Carroll has been hired as the HC. I personally don't think that he's going to be an epic fail.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 12, 2010 at 18:18:30 ]

Bobby Petrino

again all of these are coaches that got their roots from college and jumped to the NFL...

Pete Carroll was a longtime NFL coach who went to college, and is now simply returning to the NFL..

And will fail.
Originally posted by teeohh:

there's on article on espn about how he will fail, said the players will see him as a pushover, that his personality won't work with pro players

Ya, i have heard that he failed before cause he was to Ra-ra for the NFL.

Bobby Petrino

And will fail.

ignorant fans are ignorant..

the guy isnt lane kiffin..
Share 49ersWebzone