There are 149 users in the forums

Woodson named DPOY

Shop 49ers game tickets
not too sold on this..

didn't Woodson get torn apart by Fitzgerald and Warner just this past weekend?

Man, the packers couldn't stop the Cardinals at all. and Fitzgerald, Doucet, and Breaston were playing catch out there.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Good choice
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
not too sold on this..

didn't Woodson get torn apart by Fitzgerald and Warner just this past weekend?

Man, the packers couldn't stop the Cardinals at all. and Fitzgerald, Doucet, and Breaston were playing catch out there.

Isn't the voting done before the playoffs? Meaning that Cardinals game had no bearing on the vote.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Quote:
When Jets coach Rex Ryan heard that Darrelle Revis finished behind Charles Woodson in the Defensive Player of the Year voting, he reacted calmly with congratulations.

Okay, we made that up.

Ryan was pissed and didn't try to hide it. We love it.

"A number that I think is interesting is eight. No, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That's the amount of touchdown passes we gave up all season. The biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis."

Ryan's full comments can be seen here, but you get the idea. Here's one more good one.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," said Ryan. "You know what I would like? I would like to congratulate the people who voted for Darrelle Revis, those guys obviously really know the game."

Revis, for one, didn't seem to mind: "That's good for [Woodson]," Revis said. "I actually voted for him. It wasn't on my list of goals. You just try to play the best you can."

Link

I wish Rex Ryan will shut the f**k up, and I hope the Jets get their asses kicked this weekend.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Quote:
When Jets coach Rex Ryan heard that Darrelle Revis finished behind Charles Woodson in the Defensive Player of the Year voting, he reacted calmly with congratulations.

Okay, we made that up.

"A number that I think is interesting is eight. No, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That's the amount of touchdown passes we gave up all season. The biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis."

Ryan's full comments can be seen here, but you get the idea. Here's one more good one.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," said Ryan. "You know what I would like? I would like to congratulate the people who voted for Darrelle Revis, those guys obviously really know the game."

Revis, for one, didn't seem to mind: "That's good for [Woodson]," Revis said. "I actually voted for him. It wasn't on my list of goals. You just try to play the best you can."

Link

I wish Rex Ryan will shut the f**k up, and I hope the Jets get their asses kicked this weekend.

i hope Revis shuts down whoever hes covering but yeh im with u i hope the jets get blowed out.

I like Revis he sounds kinda humble. guess its the new breed of shutdown corners. Asomugha, Revis Spencer quiet like em too i hope he can turn into one of the better corners in the league.
If Clements could shove his ego and accept a CB/FS rotation like Woodson, he could become a better player.

f**k.
If Clements could shove his ego and accept a CB/FS rotation like Woodson, he could become a better player.

f**k.

woodson plays safety too ?
  • flow
  • Veteran
Quote:

Okay, we made that up.

Link

Originally posted by Schulzy:
Revis had a better year.
Willis not even in the top 5

Originally posted by marshniners24:

Bump.

1. Woodson
2. Revis
3. Dumerville
4. Sharper
5. Allen

Bump.

1. Woodson
2. Revis
3. Dumerville
4. Sharper
5. Allen

It's because he doesn't play a "flashy" position. It's quite a shame actually because he's easily the best middle linebacker in the league.

Bump.

1. Woodson
2. Revis
3. Dumerville
4. Sharper
5. Allen

I think he actually finished 6th.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Revis had a better year.

Woodson gave up, 39 catches, 448 yards, 5 td's
Revis gave up , 41 catches, 425 yards, 2 td's

Woodson, 20 more tackles, 2 sacks, 4 FF, 1 FR, 27 passes defensed, 9 int's, 3 td's
Revis, 0 sacks,0 FF, 0 FR, 37 passes defensed, 6 int's, 1 td

[ Edited by krizay on Jan 13, 2010 at 14:30:26 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't know how anyone can say Revis over Woodson. Revis takes one guy out of the game, that's very good. Woodson makes plays all over the field, forces turnovers, which result in momentum shifts and points. That's bigger than taking one guy out of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone