Originally posted by Chief:
I said it before, I was born in Arizona and when the Niners go down I pull for the Cardinals.
I've lived in AZ for 19 years and I used to hope that they did well until they came to the NFC West. I now hate that team more than any other team in the league, and its not even close. I think the progession went something like this:
- They were in the Cowboys division and I rooted for them to beat the Cowboys
- They eventually move to the West and I stopped caring if they did well because they were fighting for the same thing the Niners were.
- For a few years they sucked a little less than the Niners did and thats when the rivalry started gaining momentum because the teams were trading sweeps back and forth.
-They draft Fitzgerald, Boldin, Dockett, and signed Warner and all these poser fans who were rooting for other teams started saying they were die-hard Cardinal fans. A few weeks ago I saw someone wear a Broncos jersey and after the game, he literally took it off and switched to a Cardinals jersey for their game. I wanted to throw a beer in his face, but instead I just rolled my eyes and pictured it in my head.
- Watching Fitzgerald be a poor sport when SF beats them, watching Dockett lay cheap shots more than anyone in the league, watching Kurt Warner use the Niners just to squeeze more money out of the Cardinals, etc.
- Last year they make the playoffs and their "fans" get all cocky and start talking trash like their team is the Patriots even though they got one of the easiest playoff draws in recent memory.
Anyway, you get the point. There is a burning hatred for that team embedded deep in my soul.