LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

Charles Haley HOF

Shop 49ers game tickets
2 SBs with the 49ers
3 SBs with the Cowboys

To me the 3rd most devastating pass rushing OLB in the late 80s and early 90s. LT, DT, Haley

Little things about Haley:
*Jimmy Johnson said Haley was the missing piece for our 1st SB and he helped us be the #1 Defense that year. In the SB, set the tone against the Bills with his relentless backfield penetration

*Before playing the 49ers the first time, he stood in the center of the Cowboys locker room and told everyone what every 49ers starters strengths and weaknesses were

*Jimmy Johnson let him represent the whole team during the coin flips before they would play the 49ers

*Upon arriving to Dallas, walked up to Troy Aikman and told him you couldn't carry Joe Montana's jock

*One of the best inside moves I've ever seen, and is teaching it to Demarcus Ware

*Loved Bill Walsh, hated George Siefert, respected Ronnie Lott
way too much Dallas Cowboy talk in Niner Talk
Originally posted by FGore2121:

Without Haley, the 49ers take the 1st playoff game against Dallas for sure. And it showed the stupidity of the 49ers at that time to trade him to an NFC team. He's my favorite 49er with Lott. Just showing the man his due respect.

I wish the 49ers would hire him to teach Manny Lawson some pass rushing moves. They're about the same height and build. Obviously not in ability, but Haley could help. He used to run a clinic for potential draft picks before the combine.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

Without Haley, the 49ers take the 1st playoff game against Dallas for sure. And it showed the stupidity of the 49ers at that time to trade him to an NFC team. He's my favorite 49er with Lott. Just showing the man his due respect.

I wish the 49ers would hire him to teach Manny Lawson some pass rushing moves. They're about the same height and build. Obviously not in ability, but Haley could help. He used to run a clinic for potential draft picks before the combine.

Seifert literally drove Haley out of town after his lack of handling the 'toilet paper' incident (where Haley threw a s**tty wad of tp at George).

But it also showed how horribly inept Seifert was at handling players with character 'quirks'. (Which later led to us losing Ricky Watters... who we needed really bad later on against those 'zone-hawking' Packers defenses of the 90's.)
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Seifert literally drove Haley out of town after his lack of handling the 'toilet paper' incident (where Haley threw a s**tty wad of tp at George).

But it also showed how horribly inept Seifert was at handling players with character 'quirks'. (Which later led to us losing Ricky Watters... who we needed really bad later on against those 'zone-hawking' Packers defenses of the 90's.)

Haley had a serious charm shortfall, though. Fine player, no argument.

Just saying.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Haley had a serious charm shortfall, though. Fine player, no argument.

Just saying.

Haley was a pure 'paradox' in every which way. He'd be this down-to-earth family man off the field (full of class/respect), but once Charles entered the locker room/field... he became a psychopathic creature from another universe.
Dude s**t on Siefert's desk and threatened to kill Steve Young! wow what a great teammate in the ultimate team sport! Leave this A-hole out of Canton!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Dude s**t on Siefert's desk and threatened to kill Steve Young! wow what a great teammate in the ultimate team sport! Leave this A-hole out of Canton!

good job

You know... the way you say it, his life sounds pretty damn awesome.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
f**k Charles Haley

I thought Haley fought Young?

That and Ronnie Lott had to pull Haley off him and Lott played with the Raiders at that time.

[ Edited by taney71 on Jan 9, 2010 at 17:08:39 ]
Originally posted by taney71:

That and Ronnie Lott had to pull Haley off him and Lott played with the Raiders at that time.

I thought he pissed on somebody's hood of their car. Not crapped on their desk.

And the stories about Haley are unreal. Many, many players have told stories about the dude just jacking off in meetings. Like not something he was just doing, but more of a "Hey bro, check this out!" and they look over and he;s got his d!ck in his hand, stroking one out.
Great player! My thing is,WTF was Seifert thinking by not trading his ass to the Lions Or Bucs or some other sorry ass team! We would have at least 2 other Super Bowls and be at 7 if not for this bone headed move!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by taney71:

I thought he pissed on somebody's hood of their car. Not crapped on their desk.

And the stories about Haley are unreal. Many, many players have told stories about the dude just jacking off in meetings. Like not something he was just doing, but more of a "Hey bro, check this out!" and they look over and he;s got his d!ck in his hand, stroking one out.

The dude did everything, he'd slap this junk in your face ('Booty Warrior' style), and ask you if you wanted to suck it. -And he'd ejaculate during team meetings moaning the names of the players' wives whilst rubbin' the snake under his pants.

It was pure 80's 'feel-good-comedy' stuff. I really envy him, cause I'd totally love to take my big stuff out at work and make people watch.
Share 49ersWebzone