There are 252 users in the forums

Kurt Warner to retire after season?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by 49erWill:

watch first :40

why???

I'm not gonna lie, Warner's got some moves for a 40-year-old white guy.

He's a better dancer than me, that's for sure.
GOD Dangit.... watching Kurt dance and hearing that Ellen interview is starting to get me to like the guy again.

he has never came off as a someone you can hate off the field....he worked his arse off to get to the NFL....great story.

Class Act

however, I don't think I can ever forget those 1999-2001 years where Kurt and Faulk, Bruce, Holt....just used to embarrass us....it was just UNREAL what they were doing.....it didn't help we had rookies starting for most of our defense.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
GOD Dangit.... watching Kurt dance and hearing that Ellen interview is starting to get me to like the guy again.

he has never came off as a someone you can hate off the field....he worked his arse off to get to the NFL....great story.

Class Act

however, I don't think I can ever forget those 1999-2001 years where Kurt and Faulk, Bruce, Holt....just used to embarrass us....it was just UNREAL what they were doing.....it didn't help we had rookies starting for most of our defense.

I think he is a genuine class act. Some people are turned off because of his religious beliefs, but I guess I can deal with that. Its funny, people hate a guy like Kurt for being a good guy, but give a guy the benefit of the doubt if he is acting like a thug off the field.

Kurt and his wife do a ton of charity work in Iowa where I live and he helped out a ton of people during the floods of 2008.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Class Act

I think he is a genuine class act. Some people are turned off because of his religious beliefs, but I guess I can deal with that. Its funny, people hate a guy like Kurt for being a good guy, but give a guy the benefit of the doubt if he is acting like a thug off the field.

Kurt and his wife do a ton of charity work in Iowa where I live and he helped out a ton of people during the floods of 2008.

its funny, I came across a poem by Mother Teresa at my cousin's apt... I have always tried to live my life like this...its hard sometimes, but it was neat to come across her "Anyway" poem

here is one of the parts that relates to our discussion...
"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway."

here is the rest for those who have never read it.
http://www.bethpage.ws/bhs/jabenjamin/ANYWAY2.htm

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 16, 2010 at 22:43:13 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

it doesn't show that last few seconds but you also see another DT on the sidelines jump up for joy!...

you can tell they were waiting for it...

"get his a**.....come on, come on......GET HIS A**!......GET HIS...... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

i doubt he was waiting for it. everyone cheers after a big hit, the guy was just watching the INT return
That hit was f**king awesome. I hope he retires btw.

Class Act

its funny, I came across a poem by Mother Teresa at my cousin's apt... I have always tried to live my life like this...its hard sometimes, but it was neat to come across her "Anyway" poem

here is one of the parts that relates to our discussion...
"If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;

Be kind anyway."

here is the rest for those who have never read it.
http://www.bethpage.ws/bhs/jabenjamin/ANYWAY2.htm
awesome poem
retire!

Class Act

I agree, Kurt is a class act on and off the field. I just wish he didn't have his best years while in the NFC West.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Class Act

I agree, Kurt is a class act on and off the field. I just wish he didn't have his best years while in the NFC West.
I feel the same way. He's a good guy, but it sucks that he's been both a ram and now a cardinal.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jan 17, 2010 at 14:10:58 ]

they look like predators trying to take his soul.

• GEEK
  • Veteran

Class Act

Agreed. People just hate him for the "God wants me to play for the Cards" bs he pulled.

He's a great QB though.
any updates ?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:

Class Act

Agreed. People just hate him for the "God wants me to play for the Cards" bs he pulled.

He's a great QB though.

Not me. I've thought he was a turd ever since he was a Ram
Looks like he's done PFT-"I pray that God takes away the desire in me to play this game," Warner told Rick Reilly of ESPN. "I've loved it for so long. I need Him to take that away from me, so that I can be comfortable with this decision."
Share 49ersWebzone