There are 300 users in the forums

Brady wins Comeback player of the year

Shop 49ers game tickets
Also, most of you were wrong.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

No, the AP got it wrong. Brady had a decent year, but all he had to do was stay healthy. Cassell had similar numbers and a better record with the same cast. If anything Cadillac was most deserving after destroying his knees twice and just playing the whole season. Finished up strong too.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
In other news Vince Young won the "player screwed by Tom Brady for an award" award.

VY's comeback > Brady's comeback.

This. The guy basically wanted to kill himself a year ago, and then turns around the Titans and doesn't get recognized? Ridiculous. If they wanted to give Brady the "Most Rules Ever Created Because of a Player Award" I'd be okay with that. The next time I see him complaining to a ref after someone tries to knock him down I'm going to smash my TV.

Every player since 2003 (Jon Kitna) has won the award following injuries from the previous season. Writers generally see the award as a rebound following a physical issue, rather than Vince Young just completely going apes**t. Also, did you see Vince Young play? Brady was statistically superior.

Brady is consistently a pro-bowler, not someone who should even be considered from this award. VY completely turned the Titans around and they would still have been playing like s**t if he hadn't woken up and usurped Collins. Even Cadillac Williams who destroyed both of his knees was more deserving than Brady.
f**k brady
Yeah I'd have given it to Young or Williams before Brady. No surprise that Brady got the award though.

-9fA
Well, I got it wrong. Seems like a lazy vote to me, but Brady did have a good year. The only problem I have, is that everyone knew he would have a good year. He didn't exceed any expectations like Young did.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Awesome.
Originally posted by TX9R:

No, the AP got it wrong. Brady had a decent year, but all he had to do was stay healthy. Cassell had similar numbers and a better record with the same cast. If anything Cadillac was most deserving after destroying his knees twice and just playing the whole season. Finished up strong too.

All he had to do was stay healthy? Like he wasn't coming off ACL / MCL surgery that caused 10 months of inactivity?

Quarterbacks such as Daunte Culpepper and Brian Griese never fully recovered from the same injury.

Cadillac Williams? Seriously? The guy had 821 yards, averaging 3.9 YPC. He might have been playing for the lowly Buccaneers, but his performance this season surely isn't as impressive as Brady's. Williams clearly deserved second place.

Brady is consistently a pro-bowler, not someone who should even be considered from this award. VY completely turned the Titans around and they would still have been playing like s**t if he hadn't woken up and usurped Collins. Even Cadillac Williams who destroyed both of his knees was more deserving than Brady.

This award isn't about a player turning a team around. It's about a player overcoming obstacles from the previous season to succeed through personal performance. It doesn't matter that Brady is a former MVP. He sat out nearly all of 2008 with an injury that some Quarterbacks never come out of.

Of the 50 votes, Young got just seven. I guess you had better start filling out that résumé, what with all those sports writers jobs you're qualified to apply for.
Well are Young and Cadillac the only other real candidates. Personally, I rule out Vince Young, because his downtime was self inflicted wounds. So that leaves only Cadillac, who really just had a pedestrian season.

I can understand why they kind of had to give it to Brady
Originally posted by danimal:
Well are Young and Cadillac the only other real candidates. Personally, I rule out Vince Young, because his downtime was self inflicted wounds. So that leaves only Cadillac, who really just had a pedestrian season.

I can understand why they kind of had to give it to Brady

brady man crush aside i agree 100 percent

good for him!
Brady Quinn just took over this thread. He's looking for his shirt.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
the only thing that proves is 19 sportswriters/broadcasters are ratard
Man, you guys are so wrong if you think Brady didn't deserve this.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

All he had to do was stay healthy? Like he wasn't coming off ACL / MCL surgery that caused 10 months of inactivity?

Quarterbacks such as Daunte Culpepper and Brian Griese never fully recovered from the same injury.

Cadillac Williams? Seriously? The guy had 821 yards, averaging 3.9 YPC. He might have been playing for the lowly Buccaneers, but his performance this season surely isn't as impressive as Brady's. Williams clearly deserved second place.

This award isn't about a player turning a team around. It's about a player overcoming obstacles from the previous season to succeed through personal performance. It doesn't matter that Brady is a former MVP. He sat out nearly all of 2008 with an injury that some Quarterbacks never come out of.

Of the 50 votes, Young got just seven. I guess you had better start filling out that résumé, what with all those sports writers jobs you're qualified to apply for.

Player come back from ACl/MCLs every year. The guys you mentioned weren't any good to begin with. Hell Rice did it in the same year. You can say Caddy only had 800 yards but he did it on a terrible team while sharing the load. His injuries were far more devastating and he plays a far more difficult position to come back like that from. Brady has an all pro line and Wrs. He did OK, but what Caddy did was more fitting for the award.
Share 49ersWebzone