LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Is Jay Cutler better than Alex Smith?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Jay Cutler better than Alex Smith?

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Cutler has horrible wrs in Chi. look what he did in Denver with real weapons.

SERIOUSLY....and Orton goes from being benched to having a GREAT year. And btw, Marshall had his best year with ORTON throwing him the ball. 10 td's 102 rec would of been his best year for rec if he was not suspended for the last game for he only needed 3 more.....oh yeah, he aslo broke owens record with 21 rec in 1 game.

The broncos offensive line & wr's makes qb's look good.....how can anyone not see that? If Alex was behind that line he would of had over 30 td. hell he had 18 behind our OL in 10 games
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by valrod33:

you mean lead his team to a losing record as a starter

No, he means passing for 4500 yards 25 touchdowns. Wasn't his fault last year broncos had one of the worst defenses in the league.

So....

1) Having good WR's and TE's and overall targets matters?
2) And having a Defense that holds down the other team matters?
3) And having a good O LINE protecting you matters?

I guess it matters for Cutler but the Smith Haters say when we lose it's only because of Smith...

He's still a top 10 QB
Originally posted by susweel:
I would trade you 10 Alex Smith's for one Jay Cutler.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I will never understand the Cutler hype

He had plenty of yards last year and was at the top of the league in YARDS because the team was losing of course you will have plenty of yards when you’re down three scores and passing the ball 50 times a game.

Last year Cutler was average at best in overall play comp % (14th) QB rating (16th) and only Favre tossed more picks than Cutlers 18 so he had the 3rd most yards last year and he’s one of the best QB I don’t think so.

So this year and this question about Smith vs Cutler

A Smith
QB Rat 81.5 (19th)
Comp % 60.5 (17th)
Int 12 (17th)

Cutler
QB Rat 76.8 (21st)
Comp % 60.5 (17th)
Int 26 (1st)

Please someone explain the Cutler nut swinging to me cause I don’t get it.

top 10 QB
Cutler throws to many Red Zone interceptions.

No, he means passing for 4500 yards 25 touchdowns. Wasn't his fault last year broncos had one of the worst defenses in the league.

whats cutlers excuses for the other years, not just last year, dude has never had a winning season
Cutler is of 2 extremes. When he looks bad he is awful.

But I have seen him make some sick throws that many QB's cannot make.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

So....

1) Having good WR's and TE's and overall targets matters?
2) And having a Defense that holds down the other team matters?
3) And having a good O LINE protecting you matters?

I guess it matters for Cutler but the Smith Haters say when we lose it's only because of Smith...

!! Jay-scuses!
cutler will be good in due time.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I wonder if you'd say the same if Smith threw 26 ints. Not to mention all those ints in the REDZONE (where Smith has a 100 rating, 10 tds and 0 ints).

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

So will Jeff George, man. He just needs more time.
Originally posted by susweel:
I would trade you 10 Alex Smith's for one Jay Cutler.
Originally posted by 9erObsession:

Yeah, and that's a huge under-statement. He was notorious for driving the Broncos down the field, then pissing it away with just a ridiculous throw. He has a cannon for an arm, but his decision-making is horrible.

If Cutler learns to be more conservative with his throws, he could move into the elite class. The problem is, that just isn't how he plays. He thinks he can make all the throws and seems to refuse to settle for a FG. He'd rather throw it up in the endzone, than play it smart. He's plays like a drunk Brett Favre.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 9erObsession:

Yeah, and that's a huge under-statement. He was notorious for driving the Broncos down the field, then pissing it away with just a ridiculous throw. He has a cannon for an arm, but his decision-making is horrible.

If Cutler learns to be more conservative with his throws, he could move into the elite class. The problem is, that just isn't how he plays. He thinks he can make all the throws and seems to refuse to settle for a FG. He'd rather throw it up in the endzone, than play it smart. He's plays like a drunk Brett Favre.

that's awesome!
Share 49ersWebzone