There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Denver Broncos... Was Change Worth It?

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
The coach is a douche but the owner is a bigger douche

The problem with Denver was the defense but instead of keeping Mike Shanny and just fixing the D the owner blew up the entire team

2005 13-3 (Lost Conf Champ)
2006 9-7 9ers beat them in OT to keep them from making the playoffs
2007 7-9
2008 8-8 Lost last three games and the 4 game lead in the division
2009 8-8

If I’m not mistaken Mike S lost his coordinators after the 05 season and never recovered

They have one of best owners in all of sports.

It looks like this is blowing up in Bowlen's face, but everyone makes mistakes. If McDaniels fails it'll be because he turns the players against him. The Cutler issue... Schefftler... questioning Marshall's toughness and then benching him before a must-win game. That's just ignornant and a fool allowing his ego to get in the way. Still, he turned their defense around, quickly. Plus, he got pretty nice production out of his offense, which everyone expected to fall flat without Cutler.

Bowlen didn't see Shanahan taking them to the Superbowl anytime soon, so he made a drastic change. He feels an obligation to the fans to win. Him and Shanahan would close friends. He made probably the toughest decision of his career all for the betterment of his franchise. I wouldn't call him a douche of that.

The guy had no clue what he was buying.

If he did then he’s a ratarded douche

You think he wanted to lose his franchise QB that he spent all that money on don’t you think if the HC you are going to bring in wants to go after the guy he was coaching and jeopardize the entire team in doing so you would want to know that?

What he just said here you go Mr Douche run the show do whatever you want blow up the entire team I don’t care don’t talk to the franchise QB bench the best players who needs them lmfao

And WTH did douche have to do with the D I’d put that on Nolan he is a good D coordinator

What makes him a top owner?

Most owners are nothing more than business men who know nothing about running an NFL team this is when Team Presidents and GM’s come into play owners should take note I’d say maybe a handful know football the rest should have someone else handle personnel decisions see who the Cleveland Browns just hired and why.

The problem with Denver was the defense but instead of keeping Mike Shanny and just fixing the D the owner blew up the entire team

2007 7-9
2009 8-8

If I’m not mistaken Mike S lost his coordinators after the 05 season and never recovered

It looks like this is blowing up in Bowlen's face, but everyone makes mistakes. If McDaniels fails it'll be because he turns the players against him. The Cutler issue... Schefftler... questioning Marshall's toughness and then benching him before a must-win game. That's just ignornant and a fool allowing his ego to get in the way. Still, he turned their defense around, quickly. Plus, he got pretty nice production out of his offense, which everyone expected to fall flat without Cutler.

Bowlen didn't see Shanahan taking them to the Superbowl anytime soon, so he made a drastic change. He feels an obligation to the fans to win. Him and Shanahan would close friends. He made probably the toughest decision of his career all for the betterment of his franchise. I wouldn't call him a douche of that.

You think he wanted to lose his franchise QB that he spent all that money on don’t you think if the HC you are going to bring in wants to go after the guy he was coaching and jeopardize the entire team in doing so you would want to know that?

What he just said here you go Mr Douche run the show do whatever you want blow up the entire team I don’t care don’t talk to the franchise QB bench the best players who needs them lmfao

And WTH did douche have to do with the D I’d put that on Nolan he is a good D coordinator

Most owners are nothing more than business men who know nothing about running an NFL team this is when Team Presidents and GM’s come into play owners should take note I’d say maybe a handful know football the rest should have someone else handle personnel decisions see who the Cleveland Browns just hired and why.

I'm not defending McDaniels. I don't like him, but he is a good coach.

Yes, Cutler is gone, but he forced himself out. McDaniels was probably dumb for even considering Cassel, but IMO, it's the mgmt's job to consider trades. Everyone has their price and everyone is tradable. Plus, Cutler is so overrated, it's ridiculous. If Cutler didn't throw an Int everytime they got into the redzone, Shanahan would still be in Denver. Cutler refused to talk to the team and the owner. Who does that? He's a little baby.

Bowlen is hands-on, with a great track record and he's beloved by his players and the community. Many players (within the organization--yes) talk about how it's the best organization in football. Whether it is or not, Bowlen is doing something right. Say what you will, but for you to attack him and call him a douche just shows you have no clue who he is and that's fine. If I wouldn't have lived in Denver, I wouldn't know anything about him either.

As for Nolan, yes, he deserves a lot of credit. McDaniels chose him wisely and the team supported it by bringing in a slew of free agents. Nolan's defense struggled the second half of the year, but they played as good as anyone early on. For a unit that was just transitioning to the 3-4 and coming off a season as the worst D in the league, that's an amazing accomplishment.

I don't care for the Broncos. Hell, I want their FAs to leave. I'd love the chance at landing Dumervile or Marshall.

2007 7-9
2009 8-8

I'm not defending McDaniels. I don't like him, but he is a good coach.

Yes, Cutler is gone, but he forced himself out. McDaniels was probably dumb for even considering Cassel, but IMO, it's the mgmt's job to consider trades. Everyone has their price and everyone is tradable. Plus, Cutler is so overrated, it's ridiculous. If Cutler didn't throw an Int everytime they got into the redzone, Shanahan would still be in Denver. Cutler refused to talk to the team and the owner. Who does that? He's a little baby.

Bowlen is hands-on, with a great track record and he's beloved by his players and the community. Many players (within the organization--yes) talk about how it's the best organization in football. Whether it is or not, Bowlen is doing something right. Say what you will, but for you to attack him and call him a douche just shows you have no clue who he is and that's fine. If I wouldn't have lived in Denver, I wouldn't know anything about him either.

As for Nolan, yes, he deserves a lot of credit. McDaniels chose him wisely and the team supported it by bringing in a slew of free agents. Nolan's defense struggled the second half of the year, but they played as good as anyone early on. For a unit that was just transitioning to the 3-4 and coming off a season as the worst D in the league, that's an amazing accomplishment.

I don't care for the Broncos. Hell, I want their FAs to leave. I'd love the chance at landing Dumervile or Marshall.

Of course he’s a “good coach” they wouldn’t be at the NFL level if they sucked. The difference is under a microscope at this level. Are you just going to be a good Coordinator? Most don’t have what it takes to be the Head guy.

Well I didn’t know living in Denver made you best buds with the owner. I have relatives that live there have been there many times and my Dad’s been a Bronco fan since I was born but I don’t pretend to know everything about the owner of the football team. I’m just going by what I’ve seen the last year I don’t care if he adopts little kittens from the animal shelter and gives them to kids for Christmas.

His football actions have been douche worthy.

Quote:
Denverpost.com Posted: 01/13/2009 12:30:00 AM MST
And it was clear Monday, during the introductory news conference of head coach Josh McDaniels, that Goodman will have final say. The idea is to collaborate. But occasionally there are disagreements on a particular player.

"Hopefully there's not many of those, but Jim would make the call if there's an issue in terms of personnel," McDaniels said.

Jim Goodman is flanked in the Broncos' front office by two assistant general managers: Brian Xanders, who will primarily lead contract negotiations and assist in player evaluation, and Jeff Goodman, who at 30 has become the Josh McDaniels of player evaluation.

Quote:
On February 12, 2009 Bowlen appointed Brian Xanders as the team's sole general manager and fired Jim Goodman and Jeff Goodman.

Funny how a month after saying Goodman would make the call on personnel moves and Jeff who is a big reason the Broncos have some talented players they are both canned.

Yeah Bowlen sounds like a real stand up guy. I’ve seen many times him being called one of the best owners in the NFL cause he’s a pushover so good for him.

But whatever I can’t stand the Broncos so it’s funny to me.
[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Jan 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM ]
Fire McDaniels and replace Raye with him so he can get "Sing"led out and help Smith with some better options.

*awaits the Zone firing squad*
[ Edited by 49erFanInTX83 on Jan 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i feel like punching mcdaniels in the face and i'm not even a broncos fan. that guy get's on my nerves
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Baby Hoody is in over his head. The fast start was interesting, but the real story is that his people skills are so horrible that one Pro-Bowl offensive player is gone and another is on the way out. If I was a Bronco fan I would want blood.

I think Josh is just too young. Be it right or be it wrong, players just don't respect someone so close to their age in such an role of authority
Well considering that the Broncos surprised me by going 8-8, I guess it was worth it?

McDaniels needs some people skills. He's like the opposite of Singletary in this regard.

-9fA
yeah, but ........all those picks
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
They don't have all the personnel on either side of the ball to run their schemes so teams figured them out. McDaniels will need another 2 years to fully put everything he wants to do in place.

Coaching has to take some of the blame though after such a hot start.

Exactly. I was surprised that Orton did such a good job at QB though.

I agree also. McDaniels requires time is all. It was his first year at the helm. I believe one day we might all be looking at his teams with envy.
I think they have a pretty bright future & 2 first rd. picks this year
  • flow
  • Veteran